Couple Issues With Illdy WordPress Theme

I installed the theme to my page yesterday, spending close to 4 hours customizing it and I really like how it’s looking so far. I just ran into a couple issues while I was working on it.

1. How do you get the testimonial, and the “lastest news” sections to not appear on the site. There’s a check box in the menu for each saying that you could hide it, but even after I did that it still shows up anyway.
  2. How do you add photos to the team section? I went into your theme demo and checked the pictures you had on there as samples for their sizing to see if that was the issue… So I imported the pictures I wanted to use into PS, and they still wouldn’t show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Harry

Hi Harry,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How do you get the testimonial, and the “lastest news” sections to not appear on the site. There’s a check box in the menu for each saying that you could hide it, but even after I did that it still shows up anyway.

I could confirm this issue on my test site that any theme option checkbox field is not getting saved and specially “Show this section?” field.

The issue will be fixed ASAP in the meanwhile you can get the testimonial and the “lastest news” sections to not appear by using the attached small plugin that contains custom code.

2. How do you add photos to the team section? I went into your theme demo and checked the pictures you had on there as samples for their sizing to see if that was the issue… So I imported the pictures I wanted to use into PS, and they still wouldn’t show up.

You have to add the widget “[Illdy] - Person” in the “Front page - Team Sidebar” as displayed in the attached screenshot and then add person photo in the image field of widget.

Best Regards,
Movin

Additionally the contact phone number is not saving.

Additionally the contact phone number is not saving.

@buzzbin I could also confirm this issue and notified the theme developer to fix it.

In the meanwhile you can change the contact phone number by using the attached small plugin that contains following custom code.

function change_phone_number(){
    set_theme_mod( 'illdy_phone', '(555) 555-5555' );
}
add_action('init', 'change_phone_number');

Please replace the phone number in the above code with your phone number.

thank you! I will report back with any type of other bugs I find. I love this theme otherwise!

Now I’m not sure what is going on but the counter has seemed to stop working…

http://downtowncantonliving.com

@buzzbin i visited your site and the counter is working fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Which browser are you using?

Please try clearing your browser cache or using different browser.

The counter works when while page loads so wait when the page is loading and don’t scroll until it finishes loading.

Hi,

Person Widget have 3 Social Media Url (Fb, Twitter, Linkedin)
How to add Instagram Url (include icon) ?

Thx

Hello,
I use Illdy theme and have an issue concerning checkbox display. I installed contact form 7 and added a chceckbox to the form. The thing is that the checkbox is not visible on mobile devices. It displays correctly on the desktop/laptop computer however on tablet/ moblie phone it does not.
I checked if the checkbox is displayed correctly with the default WordPress theme twenty sixteen. It is, with default theme the problem does not appear.

I am asking for help, what can I do, to get this checkbox displayed on mobile devices?

Hi @larsgondronk, @maciek2410,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/illdy/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin

I am also having the same problem - phone number won’t save.
Giving us a plug in is a bit primitive isn’t it?
The theme needs a fix.

Hi @goldie,

please open your support thread if you have a problem with the theme. Also, please update to the latest theme version: https://wordpress.org/themes/download/illdy.1.0.7.zip?nostats=1

Thanks,
Colorlib Support.

Hi @buzzbin,

awesome! Glad you like it.

Thanks,
Colorlib Support.

Rock on Movin. An actual solution. Plugin, but solution nonetheless.

“Support”, I see you use the exact same answer everywhere. And it doesn’t work. Two thumbs up (thebutt)

This issue persists with version 1.0.21.

After enough google searching, this is the first thread that has a band-aid.

The theme is “not worth using” in this state.

Hello @ishbog,

Can you please elaborate what is the exact issue that you are encountering?
There’s no information in your message, just stating that the issue persists in v1.0.21

We took care of absolutely every single issue and bug and people that use the theme can confirm this.

If we missed anything, we sincerely apologize and we’ll try better at out-humaning the code.

Have a great weekend!

@colorlibsupport

I think what he means is that unselecting “Show this section?” for all sections (About, Projects, etc…) is not being persisted in the database which makes mandatory to have all sections in the home page. I’m having the same issue here, just downloaded latest version. 1.0.21

Hello @walzer,

I will start an investigation of this issue in the shortest possible time, there might be a bug that slipped in the latest version of the theme.

Until further notice, please let me know if you need any CSS rules to force hiding some specific sections.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the illdy theme. I love the design but want to hide some of the sections. When I un-check the “show in the section” box, the section disappears, but as soon as I visit the site the sections are still there.

Please can you help?

Kind regards

Annie

Hello,

Please proceed to update the theme to the latest version, the section visibility should have been fixed.
https://wordpress.org/themes/download/illdy.1.0.24.zip?nostats=1

Don’t forget to make a backup of the old files before replacing just in case something goes wrong.

If the update will not fix the issue, use this code as a temporary solution to hide any section:

#section-id-name{
display: none;
}

Regards

@colorlibsupport thanks, its working now. But I found another issue:

While personalizing the theme in
General Options -> Footer Details -> “Display theme copyright in the footer?”

While enabling/disabling it shows/hide in the preview mode “Theme: Illdy.”

But while saving, what happens in the website is that it shows/hide “© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.”

Good work!

Thanks