Create Child keeping Theme modification

Hello,

When I create a child theme and apply it, all the modification I did in the first parent theme are gone.
How can I create a child keeping the modification I did in the parent theme ? All modification are done with the panel option + css additionnal. Thanks !

Hi,

When you activate a child theme WordPress thinks it is a new theme, and changes things you did in the Customizer panel.

You either create child theme using this, Child Theme Configurator – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org or use this plugin Customizer Export/Import – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org to import and export the settings in the customizer from parent theme to child theme.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thank you, I have tried with child theme configurator but got problem, way easier with customizer export/import ! :smiley:

Hi,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know If you have any other questions. Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org

Thanks,
laranz.

EDIT
Thank you !

Hi,

Glad we helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know If you have any other questions. Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org

Thanks,
laranz.