create static menu button on mobile device and desktop

I was wondering if it is possible to make the menu bar on both the desktop as mobile device static, so that when you scroll down you will remain seeing the menu and can easily use it wherever you are while scrolling down the page.

BR,
Ralph

hey Ralph

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
lets try this css, Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

.navbar.navbar-default {
    position: fixed;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 9999;
    width: 100%;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply!

A few issues here:

The header image is also fixed now, what makes the screen to be covered for 50% already when scrolling down. Can this be resolved, so that only the menu bar is fixed?

The blog post which is most on top, is now almost not visible anymore. You can see it in the screenshot that I have made.

The widgets on the right side are fixed as well. This was already done a while ago so that these remain visible when you scroll down a blog on your desktop. These seem not to work anymore, because I now only see the comment widget. You also see this on the screenshot.

I also add a screenshot from the existing custom CSS.

Hope you can help.

BR,
Ralph

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it and provide more options?

Best Regards,
Support

BR,
Ralph

Hey Ralph

This is our demo of Dazzling:

How you managed to place the image above the navigation menu?
You have a different case, it does not makes sense t use the fixed header, image+navigation bar covers almost half of the screen and its impossible to use rest of the website, :slight_smile: are you sure this is what you wanted? i think you have to change approach somewhere :slight_smile:

Ok, I removed my header and replaced it by the slider and entered the CSS to lock the menu bar :slight_smile: On my mobile device it works great, but on the desktop the menu is not visible. Can you please have a look.

BR,
Ralph

Hey there,

Checking your website and the menu is visible on desktop.
Where you able to resolve the issue?

Let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with.

Best regards,
Support.

Yes, it seems to have been resolved now. No idea why it at first did not show properly.
Very happy with the end result, and with your support!

BR,

Ralph

Hey there,

Great, it probably it was a caching issue.
Let us know if you need anything else we’ll be happy to help.

Best regards,
Support.