CSS not working correctly in fresh install

I downloaded Shapely from the site, but after uploading the zip for the theme, Wordpress informed me there was an update that I went ahead and installed. Maybe that was a mistake because after following the setup instructions, installing jetpack, loading demo content, importing widgets, etc., there’s definitely an issue with my CSS.

For example, the breadcrumb menu is missing completely. The sidebar fonts and stylings don’t match the demo site at all. The category text is overlayed on my featured image. If I look at page source of the demo vs my site (running Version: 1.1.2 of Shapely and 4.7.3 of Wordpress), the CSS being loaded is completely different.

Demo:

My Site:

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Well that’s weird.
In order to be of some better assistance, I’m going to need to have a look at your site’s code just to see if there are any console errors being thrown.

That said, please send through a link to your site so that I may make the relevant checks. You may add that privately if you wish.

I’m also going to ask that you kindly disable all of your third-party plugins and see if this issue still exists.

If it resolves the issue I am going to then ask you to activate the disabled plugins one by one and test the page to see if we can isolate the conflicting plugin if that is the case.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the original post that I did try to deactivate any extra plugins. That did not resolve the issue. I even then tried disabling some of the plugins from Shapely (jetpack, etc.) just to double check, and that didn’t change anything either.

The site is wedigtravel.com

You can find the site at http://wedigtravel.com
Sorry if this is a duplicate message. I don’t actually see my private reply before.

Any possibility you’ve had a chance to look at this? It’s really causing some weirdness on the site I’d like to resolve. You can see in my attachment how the category is being overlayed on the featured image.

The same thing is happening for me. I’ve freshly updated it and not only did it undo any CSS I had added previously, but many customising options chosen were set back to default and a change simply does not get registered. So any CSS I’ve been trying to add since simply does not get processed (removing single page featured image and title) nor changing default options (default post option was automatically reset to default, when manually setting to full width it changes nothing so I had to manually select it in each existing page. Does not display logo AND Title even when this option is selected. Header image does not show up at all. Despite changing hover colours in options, it does not get applied to menu text). There are more issues but the fact that CSS does not process nor the options that were clearly chosen is the most frustrating one as that kind of removes a lot of the possibilities for me to get on with work.

Hey @lloncolorlib,
Hope you’re doing well today

Have you checked through your plugins to see if there’s one that’s causing these problems?

If not, please disable all of your third-party plugins and see if this issue still exists.

If it resolves the issue I am going to then ask you to activate the disabled plugins one by one and test the page to see if we can isolate the conflicting plugin if that is the case.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

I don’t mean to hijack this topic but I would also like to add that I’m experiencing the same issue with the header image not displaying at all. I’ve tried disabling all plugins but I could not get it to come back. I’ve attached a screenshot and a link to an example page: http://www.silvastampedconcrete.com/silvastampedcms/contact-silva-stamped/