Current Update Failed

I was unable to update to the new theme so I disabled the plugins and had the same result:

An error occurred while updating Dazzling: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions. 404.php, archive.php, comments.php, content-none.php, content-page.php, content-single.php, content.php, footer.php, front-page.php, functions.php, header.php, image.php, index.php, options.php, page-fullwidth.php, page.php, readme.txt, screenshot.png, search.php, searchform.php, sidebar-footer.php, sidebar-home.php, sidebar.php, single.php, style.css, inc, languages, inc/customizer.php, inc/custom-header.php, inc/extras.php, inc/jetpack.php, inc/navwalker.php, inc/popular-posts-widget.php, inc/template-tags.php, inc/woo-setup.php, inc/wpcom.php, inc/admin, inc/css, inc/fonts, inc/js, languages/dazzling.pot, languages/es_ES.mo, languages/es_MX.mo, languages/es_ES.po, languages/es_MX.po, languages/fi.mo, languages/fi.po, languages/nl_NL.mo, languages/nl_NL.po, languages/pl_PL.mo, languages/pl_PL.po, languages/pt_BR.mo, languages/readme.txt, languages/pt_BR.po, languages/sv_SE.mo, languages/sv_SE.po, inc/admin/options-framework.php, inc/admin/css, inc/admin/images, inc/admin/includes, inc/admin/js, inc/css/bootstrap.css, inc/css/bootstrap.min.css, inc/css/flexslider (1).css, inc/css/flexslider.css, inc/css/font-awesome.min.css, inc/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg, inc/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot, inc/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf, inc/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff, inc/fonts/FontAwesome.otf, inc/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot, inc/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg, inc/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf, inc/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff, inc/js/customizer.js, inc/js/bootstrap.min.js, inc/js/flexslider.min.js, inc/js/html5shiv.min.js, inc/js/main.js, inc/js/respond.min.js, inc/js/dev, inc/admin/css/optionsframework.css, inc/admin/images/ico-delete.png, inc/admin/includes/class-options-framework-admin.php, inc/admin/includes/class-options-framework.php, inc/admin/includes/class-options-interface.php, inc/admin/includes/class-options-media-uploader.php, inc/admin/includes/class-options-sanitization.php, inc/admin/js/options-custom.js, inc/admin/js/media-uploader.js, inc/js/dev/flexslider.js, inc/js/dev/bootstrap.js, inc/js/dev/functions.js

Any suggestions?

With appreciation,
Carol

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It’s getting updated successfully on my test site without any issue.

If you are facing the issue updating the theme automatically due to file permission issue then could you please try updating it manually as described on the following pages?

https://www.amazewp.com/how-install-update-wordpress-theme-manually/

Also make sure that your WordPress install has proper file permissions as following.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

Best Regards,
Movin

I deleted the theme and then re-installed it. It was a little “messy” but it worked.

Hi Carol,

Glad it worked for you.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin