Custom Call to action button

Thanks for the awesome theme!

I am trying to get a custom call to action button where the users will be able to subscribe to our blog via email. Is this possible? My website is chasingjapan.com

Thanks in advance!

Hi @louisr,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the widget or shortcode provided by the following plugins.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @Movin,

Thanks for the quick response! My day is going well, how about yours?

About the widget, I was looking for a way to modify the call to actions for the paralax widget where the subscribe call to action will fall on the picture itself. Is this possible?

On a side note, Is there a way to provide an opening paragraph about the page in standard post layout on the landing page itself?

Best Regards,
Louis

Thanks for the quick response! My day is going well, how about yours?

I am doing well.

About the widget, I was looking for a way to modify the call to actions for the paralax widget where the subscribe call to action will fall on the picture itself. Is this possible?

Yes it is possible but to achieve this you have to create child theme of Shapely theme and develop custom code in it.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5 http://freewptp.com/contact

On a side note, Is there a way to provide an opening paragraph about the page in standard post layout on the landing page itself?

I am not sure i understood your question correctly so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing screenshot or page URL of it?

Things are going great, Movin. Thanks for asking!

Alright, so for the shapely landing page, I noticed that my page content that I wrote is no longer visible, the landing page content is set by widgets now. Is there a way to get my content to show as a normal wordpress post? Reference: chasingjapan.com

on a side note, I am using a widget that only enters arbitrary text and the content I wrote is stretched across the entire width of the screen. Can we get it to look like a blog post?

Also, is there a way to make the logo image appear greater?

I’m also having issues with the header image, it doesn’t show even though I have an image set. If I’m able to get this to work, is there a way to make it so that the header image does not show on the landing page, since I already have a parallax image there?

Much appreciated.
-Louis

Alright, so for the shapely landing page, I noticed that my page content that I wrote is no longer visible, the landing page content is set by widgets now. Is there a way to get my content to show as a normal wordpress post? Reference: chasingjapan.com

No the page content is not displayed and you can only display the content by using the widgets.

on a side note, I am using a widget that only enters arbitrary text and the content I wrote is stretched across the entire width of the screen. Can we get it to look like a blog post?

Also, is there a way to make the logo image appear greater?

You will have to develop custom code to achieve this.

I’m also having issues with the header image, it doesn’t show even though I have an image set. If I’m able to get this to work, is there a way to make it so that the header image does not show on the landing page, since I already have a parallax image there?

The theme currently doesn’t support Header image which is reported here The Header Image is not displayed anywhere in the theme · Issue #21 · ColorlibHQ/shapely · GitHub

Movin,

Thanks as always for the quick replies.

One last thing. Regarding the other theme your company offers, “Activello.” Is there a way to get the underline bar that is a dark red color?

Thanks in advance,
Louis

I am not sure what you mean by “to get the underline bar that is a dark red color”.

Do you want to display underline bar like Activello theme on Shapely theme? If yes then where?

Please describe it a bit more in detail.