Custom fonts, third level menu and .... on Child theme

Hello Aigars and thank you for a most beautiful theme.

I read the adding a third level of menu depth and would like to add that to the child theme’s functionality as well. But. There is NO WAY I could do this on my own. :open_mouth:

I have also already wrote at this thread: Sparkling Child Theme. I guess it was the wrong place. Anyway. :frowning:

Conclusion:
@Aigars. Could you please help out us girls with a child theme and write a functions.php file and a style.css file (I understand these two would be all needed) that we could use to have:

1. Custom fonts added (“Comic Sans MS family fonts”) by default
  2. Change the footer (“powered by wordpress” → “Presented by My Fabulous Site”) I’ve seen it is doable. Footer links + copyright section
  3. Third level menu (as at this post)

I know it is ALL there. I also read the codex. I just cannot put it together without messing up (where, what). Please help out. It would be a great lesson for me as well.
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1. To change fonts to Comic Sans you can add this code to Child Theme style.css or inside Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS field. Both will make it update safe.
body, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6, .navbar.navbar-default, .navbar > .container .navbar-brand {
  font-family: "Comic Sans MS", "Comic Sans", "Open Sans", Helvetica, serif;
}
  1. This function can’t be overwritten by Child Theme and it is done on purpose, so more people would spread the word about our themes as it is completely free. All support I have provided so far that asks for “how to change copyright info” ends up just removing links from there and not changing anything else. That might sound stupid, unfair, etc but we want to get something back from working on free theme design, development and support.

However, there is an Options available via Appearance - Theme Options - Footer - Footer information where you can add your own HTML/Text right before copyright information.

1. These instructions as as simple as they can get. You just need to copy/paste the code from there and you are ready to go. Just make sure that you have the latest theme version downloaded from Github as it is slightly ahead of version available from WordPress.org, so it might not work yet for that version.

The only part you should ignore is function_exists call which is now part of the Github version of this theme and soon will be on WordPress.org once approved.

Thank you Aigars for the quick reply,

We are on the road and didn’t have the time to apply your solutions. Sorry. :frowning:
As soon as we do we’ll let you know.

However. About the footer options. What we want to change is the wordpress part and NOT the theme part. I do understand your concerns and the reasoning for them. Is there a way to do it? I repeat once more. How can we change just the “Powered by WordPress” part. If there is a way, please do advise.

Thank you so much for listening and your time. :slight_smile:

Like I said it is not possible to be done via Child Theme and you have to make this changes directly via extras.php file and they are going to be lost each time you update theme. But these are changes that you can make in seconds and we are not updating this theme too often, so it shouldn’t be a big deal to do it each time.