custom social icon - how to add VK (#contact-us)

Hi there, thank you for your wonderful themes!
I’ve faced a problem with the #contact-us in my one page site.
There is no icon for the social network www.vk.com - VKontakte popular among Russian-speaking users.
How Can I add custom social media icon or swap existing?
My blog is http://www.nektar.pro/ and it would be great to find the way to add VK link and display it in “contact us area” (and menu).
Thanks in advance!

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
I think i can help you, please add one social icon (you will not use in future) and use a link to your Vk.com profile, then i will generate custom CSS to turn it as a vk icon
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

@Noda, thanks for a quick feedback.
be so kind to help:
1 - let it be “Google+ URL” icon and social network profile Evgeny Ponomarev | VK
2 - to be on the safe side - explain the back up plan in case i want to change icon - should i simply delete custom css or…

PS please note i’ve already added css

/*increase social icon size*/
#contact-us .section-content .contact-us-social a{
  font-size:30px;
}

hey there

Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

.contact-us .fa-google-plus:before {
content: “\f189”;
}

Well, you need to know a css to make such changes :slight_smile:
there is no plan on what to do in case you want to change icon, it needs a different approach for different icons

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

sorry but I do not get it. i’ve put the CSS - published …

I expect to replace existing G + icon with custom social button VK (vk.com/nektar_pro) via custom css… but nothing happend …

i dont know css. so pleas explain thoroughly

PS

hi Nektar

Css code is not added or its not added in the proper place, please add it in appearance > customize > additional css and try again

hi Noda
something is wrong … please help me to understand and set it up)))

Let me check it, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Noda, please, provide a valid email address as it is needed to create a new Temporary Login

ps
sorry it took so long to reply but was out of network coverage

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In relation to the email, you can just use one of your emails that is not yet registered within your site.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.