Custom Title & Content Image

Hi All,

I have been messing with Custom CSS although I havent got a clue how to do the following.
On the Shapely theme - Parallax Section For Front Page Widget I would like to replace the Title and content (or just the title) with a logo as opposed to text.

Does anybody know how to do this who could put me onto the right path and the correct method if possible?

Thanks to all in advance

How good are you with PHP? I’ve noticed the widgets display HTML as plain text and it’s because of the way the contents are stored in the database. If you remove the esc_html() functions in the widget code (Located in the inc folder), then resave your widgets, it’ll display HTML correctly. Once you have that, you can add an into your content area (and just leave the title blank if you don’t want it).

Unfortunately I don’t have any PHP experience :frowning:
I’m quite a noob on the code front so I wouldn’t have a clue :frowning:

So, I’m not 100% positive this is the best way to allow HTML in these widgets, but it’s working. I’ve attached the modified Parallax widget code. You’ll have to re-save the widget for it to take effect (upload/replace this code, open your widget, save the widget and it should now allow HTML in your content. This should probably be done in a child theme, although I’m more of a Drupal user, so I don’t even know if you CAN modify widgets in a child theme… Just know any theme updates may override this.

This goes in inc/widgets in your theme folder (full path is wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets).

Hi @geekfish,

I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Movin

@geekfish

I do not seem to be able to access that file. Also in what inc folder is it in? There are a lot of them. Thanks!

Could you tell me which of these folders it’s in?

Is this the right one to delete?

‘label’ => esc_html__(‘check to show title in top call out box’, ‘shapely’),

Thanks you in advance!

@slin460

I do not seem to be able to access that file. Also in what inc folder is it in?

Please try using the attached file.

Could you tell me which of these folders it’s in?

It is on the following path.

/wp-content/themes/shapely/inc/widgets/widget-home-parallax.php