Customisation of added pages

Hi guys,

I’m fairly new to the whole WP-thing, but it’s going quite well so far. First of all, I absolutely LOVE the Shapely theme and want to use it for designing a website for a friend of mine.

I understand it’s a one page theme. I’ve already found how you can add Portfolio and Testimonials on this forum.

However, I also added an About page, a Services page and a Contact page. But I got a really ugly style/layout (see screenshot below) and I cannot customise them with widgets, like I can for the home page. Because the newly made pages don’t show up as a page in Customise > Widgets (where I can drag and drop widgets).

I would want to be able to customise my Contact, Services and About page. The header & footer look/style should be the same as on the static front page (which code should I copy for this?).
On top of that I would like to be able to customise the additional pages with some extra widgets and stuff, just like you can do with the homepage.

Hope someone can help me!!!

Peace & Love,
Inge

Hi @Inge,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

However, I also added an About page, a Services page and a Contact page. But I got a really ugly style/layout (see screenshot below)

Could you please share me the pages URLs from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

and I cannot customise them with widgets, like I can for the home page. Because the newly made pages don’t show up as a page in Customise > Widgets (where I can drag and drop widgets).

The theme only allows the home page having set Home Page template to customize with widgets and not other pages as this is one page theme and home page is that page.

I would want to be able to customise my Contact, Services and About page. The header & footer look/style should be the same as on the static front page (which code should I copy for this?).

Could you please share the screenshots of Header and Footer that you want to display on other pages and also share the URLs of those pages so that i can help you to achieve it?

On top of that I would like to be able to customise the additional pages with some extra widgets and stuff, just like you can do with the homepage.

To achieve this you have to develop custom code by developing child theme of Shapely theme.

Best Regards,
Movin