Customization issue with my website

Hi,

I contact the support because my website seems to have a problem with the theme.

I don’t know exactly what happened but all in a sudden, I can’t access to the customization page and it returns a HTML ERROR 500.

And on my website, all my frontpage stop showing the sections and all my additional CSS are gone.

Any ideas of what could happened ?

Best Regards,
amnesiia

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please disable all third party plugins that you have active, this could be the cause of a plugin conflict.
Did you update the theme recently?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I already tried to disable all the plugins but it changed nothing andI didn’t update the theme rcently. It happened when I was adding some additional CSS code. Can it be related to this ?

Regards.

Hello there,

That could be the cause of the issue. Please remove the CSS and paste it here so that I can inspect it and then check to see if the issue persists with the removed CSS.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Actually, as I can’t access to the customizer.

I will try to access to my FTP client (I have some issue with it), in what file should I found the additional CSS codes that I added in the customizer tab ?

Regards.

Hello there,

It is stored in the database, within the wp_posts table, under the custom_css post type, where the post name is the theme slug. There you also have the related customize_changeset and revision post types.

Best Regards
Support

Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I have finally an access to my FTP server so I can now have a look to the files of my website.

My problem is that I don’t succeed to find the custom css that I put in my theme via the customizer.

Is it possible to have the path to the right file ? Does the custom css is an independant file in the server or is it included in a php or css file ?

Regards.