Customization on Woocommerce shop

Hi,
I had Woocommerce installed on my Illdy based Wordpress site, but the shop display looks nothing close to the online stores we see.

I’m currently facing the following issues:

The top menu on the Illdy theme works with scrolling feature. After adding Woocommerce, the top menu is also present there but links to not work as we're now on a different page. I setup a new menu which has only links related to the shop: my account, cart checkout, etc., but I have no idea how to get the main (home)page to display the default menu related to the Illdy theme and the shop then to display the new menu (instead of the menu on the front (home)page. The shop on the other hand, is like a 2 column blog page (pls see attached image shop.png).

I know I’m going wrong somewhere,and apologies if I’m sounding silly with my questions, but it’s my first attempt on Woocommerce/setting up an online store, and I’d really appreciate some help along these lines, pls.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect the issues?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

It’s www.bingu.tech
Can I send you the login credentials as well?
Thanks.

Sorry, earlier I’d sent this as a private reply:

Hi,

It’s http://www.bingu.tech
Can I send you the login credentials as well?
Thanks.

Hello there,

Thanks for the link

It seems that you are asking for a conditional menu, which can be done by customizing the theme or using a third party plugin.

Here is a plugin that can be used to assign the conditional menu along with an article that explains how to use it:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks.
Menus working fine now.

Is it possible to have 2 themes working simultaneously one the site - one for the site and the other limited to the Woocommerce shop?

Hello there,

It is possible but you will have to make changes to the code of the themes and increase the limits of your WordPress setup.

Here is an article that shows you how to do it:

Please be aware that it is not recommended to have multiple theme activated on the same WordPress site because it can cause a lot of issues.

Best Regards,
Support

ooh, I’d refrain from that.
The reason I was looking into an additional theme - one just for the shop, is because the shop is just looking like a 2 column blog and nothing close to what other online stores look like. I’ve attached a snapshot of my shop frontpage.

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

Well, what you could do is have an addon domain, and use a shop theme to your liking there.
And add the link to that shop in your menu. For example http://shop.bingu.tech

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Does that mean I’d have to re-instal, setup, configure Woocommerce from scratch, now in “shop.bingu.tech”?

Hi,

Yes, that shop domain should have that shop theme you’re saying and you need to customize just the shop there. It is tough to do actually.

If you’re okay with theme editing, then just copy the woocommerce styles ( Get that from style.css and paste that into your child theme’s CSS ) from the other theme and do the same in your child theme. If they did any PHP edits, then do all that in your woocommerce folder in the child theme. ( Copy the woocommerce folder from that shop theme, and paste that in to your child theme, that way you can copy all the PHP modification ) That is the easy way.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.