Customizer suddenly broken keeps loading and white screen

Hi,

Since a few days there has been a white screen when trying to edit in the customizer (see attached screenshot). I cannot figure out what is causing this. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please ensure that WordPress and the theme are up to date. Also, try disabling any third party plugins that were not bundled with the theme as one of them may be causing a conflict.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thank you i hope you too,

I just disabled the 3rd party plugins and everything is up to date but the issue still persists. When i switch to the default WP theme the customizer can be used again. What could be the cause of this happening?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Could you make sure you are using PHP 5.6 or higher on your server with a PHP memory limit set to 128 MB or higher. If this checks out then check the error log on the server to see what error is listed when using the customizer.

You can also check if there are any errors listed in the browser console area when you try and load the the customizer. They might indicate what is going on and give some insight.
By browser console we mean the console tab on the devtools - https://developer.chrome.com/devtools

Let us know how this goes and we can take it from there.

Hi there,

I have checked the php version and it is 7.1 currently. Also the memory limit is higher then 128. I checked the error console and got the following in return. See attachment.

Thanks in advance,

Hi there,

Well, in this case we’ll have to check this, please use this plugin - Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org - to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide - http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-create-temporary-login-for-wordpress-no-passwords/

Don’t forget to reply privately i.e. “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box. It’s important.
Thanks.

Hi there,

I installed the plugin and created the temporary login. Link to the login:

http://www.srckl.nl/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=901c3663c9f5a544f957b88abafc57e6

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

I am still looking into this issue.

What changes were made to the site before this issue occurred?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

It might have to do something with me trying to get an SVG logo to work instead of png. Maybe that makes the error happen? i can’t quite recall what i did else. I was just playing around in customizer with colors and so on and then it stopped working. Wat would be best to do? Reinstall the theme? Can i keep my settings or how do i make an back-up?

Thanks in advance

Hi there

Fixed, please check and let me know if everything now is ok

Hello,

Thank you so much for resolving my issue! Anywhere i can rate you guys? The support section is awesome and very helpful.

Again thanks for all the help!

Thank you too and this will be super awesome!!! :slight_smile:

If you’re happy with our service, here is the link to rate us: [Shapely] Reviews | WordPress.org