Dazzling - causing "500 internal server error" according to hosting company

Hi guys,

I have info from the hosting company that their logs indicate high cpu usage by the dazzling theme, which is intermittently causing “500 Internal server error”. I am using a child theme, if relevant.

The response I got from them is as follows:

Upon checking, I see that the domain and admin panel is loading fine now. As you have mentioned I see infer that the issues are occurring intermittently. I have analyzed the logs for more details and I see that the mod fcgi errors where occurred yesterday. I have done a deep analysis on the logs and I found that the issue is related to the theme of the domain that is the theme "dazzling". Kindly see the logs for reference :

==
/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log-20160316.gz:[Tue Mar 15 22:54:16.771744 2016] [core:error] [pid 29650] [client 169.1.99.158:54193] End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://labelme.co.za/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/css/font-awesome.min.css?ver=4.4.2

169.1.99.158:53412] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://labelme.co.za/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/css/font-awesome.min.css?ver=4.4.2

I have confirmed that the domain is now using the theme “Dazzling”. It seems like the theme is using intensive memory and CPU. I suggest you to deactivate that theme and use a new theme with the help of your developer and see if the issue persists or nor not.

Also, I have done an online analysis of the website, please refer the results from the below URL:

==
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/labelme.co.za/MvH6g39G

Kindly optimize the website from your end and see if the issue occurs again.

I don’t want to use another theme as I quite like Dazzling and I’m sure this is solvable.

Look forward to your reply, thank you team :slight_smile:

Same here. Apparently downgrading fixes it but obviously thats not ideal.

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_option() in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/extras.php on line 121

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The error is resolved in the updated theme version 2.0.4 which was reported on the following page

So just update the your Dazzling theme Dazzling – WordPress theme | WordPress.org to the latest version.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin. Done the update to 2.0.4, so hoping that worked.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: