dazzling-child theme style.css not overriding bootstrap css

Hello,
my child style.css is loading after bootstrap-min.css but bootstrap css is still taking precedents even if I use !important. (new css in the child theme for items I give an id to work fine.So I know the child style.css is getting read.)
I’ve tried using the following code in functions.php in child theme but it seems to ignore functions.php.
with echo “working”; is not getting called at all.

<?php

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’, 100 );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
echo “working”;
wp_enqueue_style( ‘dazzling-bootstrap’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/css/bootstrap.min.css’ );
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
}
?>

Good morning

Let me see it, please provide link to your website and tell me which style you want to change and is not overiding

http://yubaairwmp.daca.tompassow.com/

h1, h2, h3 {
color: #975D00 !important;
}
also, functions.php in child theme is not getting read.
thank you for the assistance!

Good evening

Please add your code in appearance > customize > additional CSS
this code will work for sure

Thank you for your response Noda, however, this defeats the purpose of having a “child-theme.” Also, this solution only addresses the css (thanks for that) but not the functions.php in getting ignored in the child-theme. Please advise thank you!

Good morning

IF function.php is not working in a child theme then you did not correctly, delete your child theme and use this plugin to generate child theme properly:

thank you Noda! using the child-theme-configurator plugin did the trick.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else, but in a new ticket, I will close this one