Default Background size

I would like to replace the default background, but no matter how large of an image I use it doesn’t seem to fill the entire background. What is the default size of the background I should upload?

I am using a rather small 297 by 297 pixel image which is repeated infinite times to cover the entire background area on any monitor size. It is also the best method to add custom background images because image file is small but it will cover the entire screen area and it doesn’t matter what screen resolution you have.

Otherwise custom background image depends on your monitor resolution. If you want to optimize for 4K monitor you will end up using a huge image, so this is not ideal solution.

Alternatively you can use your own custom header image as cover image. The basic idea would be like this:

body.custom-background { 
  background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed; 
  -webkit-background-size: cover;
  -moz-background-size: cover;
  -o-background-size: cover;
  background-size: cover;
}

This code needs to be tweaked specially for your website as it is just an example.

Let me know if this helps.

I was hoping to use a single full screen image (non-tiled). The image for the background will be a beach setting so it cannot repeat and I’ve tried everything all the way up to 6200x4820, but it still shows as tiled on my 1280x1024 monitor. I was hoping to not have to use a plugin for this task.

Please set your custom background image using any image and please post your website URL and I will try to write a Custom CSS to make it align smoothly.

Thank you!

I’m not sure what happened, but I switch the image and then reverted back to the original image and it seems to be filling the entire screen now. Very strange (I wonder if the old image size was cached since I started with a smaller size and then tried to replace it with a larger one).

Thanks anyway.

Hi there,
I’m also having trouble identifying the right size for my bg image. It contains words so it either needs to not tile at all, or be the correct width and then repeat itself below. Can you help? My site is max-logic.com