Default Color Scheme can't be changed

Great theme, am enjoying working with it

One issue - the default color scheme persists despite changing in the “Customize” section, the bright blue for “Read More” and “Widgets” doesn’t change even after selecting a different color in the template. There appears to be a couple of other posts referring to a similar issue

www.whetstoneandzest.com

Thanks

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’m actually still seeing the default accent color, so I’m guessing this may be a cache issue from your site or your server’s end.

Kindly ensure the setting has been applied, then clear your server and site’s cache and see if that works.

I tested the functionality from my end just in case it was a bug, and it works perfectly, with no cache on my dev site, it changed almost instantly, so I’m sure that isn’t a bug in the theme.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the speedy reply

I have tried as you suggested, but no change - I made a change to the “accent” color as shown in the attached screen shot, but the “read more” and other boxes remained the same color. I purged the cache of the server through the site hosting service, and also in the browser in which I viewed the site

Any other suggestions?

Mike

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Kindly disable all of your third-party plugins and see if this issue still exists.
If it resolves the issue I am going to then ask you to activate the disabled plugins one by one and test the page to see if we can isolate the conflicting plugin if that is the case.

if that doesn’t work, Kindly provide us with some temporary admin access to your site. We’ll be in a better position to spot anything suspicious from here.

You can add new users by going to Users > Add New set the user and password for us, set the role to admin and set the info here. You can navigate here for more details;

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:
Best Regards,
Support

Sending as a private reply

admin name - colorlib admin
password - colorlibfix2799

I deleted all plugins (except the Shapely Companion, as without there are not the color palette options)

Hope I haven’t been doing something stupid!

Mike

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I went ahead and added some Custom CSS to enforce the color changes on the elements that weren’t changing to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. This is what I added:

.jetpack_subscription_widget form, .post-content .more-link{
  background: red!Important;
}

.post-content .post-meta li a, .jetpack_subscription_widget #subscribe-submit input{
  color:red!important;
}

You may go in and change the colors if you’d like, just save it when you’re done and you should be good. I’m not entirely sure why this is happening, but that should do the trick.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the support