Delete title in post header + date display European

Hello,

I’ve customized the illdy theme but I have two problems. One is quite big (title display). The other less, but I want it right. I hope someone here can help me. We want to go live in about 52 hours so I hope someone can help me before we go live.

1. I want to no display the title of the blog (post) in the header since it contains a lot of space and as you can see the text displays right across important visual elements in the banner.

2. The date of our posts are displayed via USA standard. I changed the standards in Wordpress already to European (2 december 2016 f.e.), but at the blog post it doesn’t show. How can I get this right?

Hi @vdvsh,

To make modifications to your title use this css code:

#header .bottom-header h2}
font-size: 81px;/*change the size of your font size as you wish*/
{

Or make it dissapear-not recommended because this is a h2 that influence a lot your SEO:

display: none;
{

Regarding the second question I will get back to you soon.

Thank you,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

unfortunately both options aren’t useable. When I use the first and decrease the size to 41px it still appears in the middle of the page.

The second option (no display at all is best) but as you can see the banner height is being displayed a lot lower so I have problems with the menu etc. How can I fix that?

Is it a possibility to have the menu in a separate block so I can add f.e. the text in black and the menu beam in white (so won’t ever have difficulties with the menu; when photos are too light etc?) And underneath the banner? That would fix the problems I think. Otherwise we have to make photographs and take the menu beam and the text into account and that’s not really helpful

Thank you for your quick reply by the way! Great support.

Hi,

Could you sent me a live preview of the website so I could play with the css code to find the best solution for your needs?

thank you

The link is: www.vrouwendievanserieshouden.nl
If you can let me know when you’re finished so I can put the maintenance mode on (we want to launch it Friday so actually it can only be on for as little as possible.

Hope you can help me out here with the header (and the date; but that is a smaller detail).

Regards,
Carlien

Hi @vdvsh,

The best solution is to play with the padding:

padding-top: 130px;
{
#header .top-header .header-navigation {
    padding-bottom: 60px;
{

regarding the date is a bug and I will send to the developer team to help us out.

I hope this solve that issue.

Thank you,

Cristian

Thank you. Hope you know how to fix the date. Than I should be ready :slight_smile:

Regarding the date is a bug, i reported, but I don’t know exactly when t should be fix.

Thank you,

Cristian