Deleted Blog Page - create new one

Hi all,

I deleted at our start all page except of start page.

Now I wanna create a Blog page like the one in the demo (https://colorlib.com/shapely/blog/)

Is there a blog template which I can use? Or is there a way to recover this page from demo content without deleting rest of my site?

I would love if there is a template for that.

Best regards

Hi @petep,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

There isn’t any template for blog page and you have to set “Front page displays” site option to “Posts page:” which will be your blog page in your site Readings Settings.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
thanks for your reply.

Maybe I did not explained it very well. =/

I know how to set up the Post page. But first, I dont want my front page to be my post page and second when I set a page to “post page” it does not change anything. And it does not look like the demo page I posted before.

Other thing is, I dont see any possibility to edit other pages then homepage… For editing other sites then front page I use the standard wordpress functions and plugins.

In your documentation is only explained how to edit front page. And when I go to Design > Edit I dont see any option too choose which page I want to edit. Or did I missunderstood something?

Edit: Is it just working when i set front page to post page? Would be really weird… because in the demo it is shown different… there is a cool looking front page, and a seperate Blog page…

Hi @petep,

I think you misunderstood something.

The blog page and front page are separate pages and to display the blog page like this https://colorlib.com/shapely/blog/ you have to set “Posts page” in your site Reading Settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also you can configure the page having “Home Page” template using widgets as described in this theme documentation page Shapely Theme Documentation - Colorlib

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
Thanks for your reply. Here we go.

Exactly thats what I want to do. But when I set a page to Post Page, nothing changes.

How can I get that site afterwards back?

Exactly thats what I want to do. But when I set a page to Post Page, nothing changes.

What do you get when you visit the page that you set as “Posts page” in your site Reading Settings?

How can I get that site afterwards back?

I think you mean getting deleted pages back which you can only do if you have taken backup of your site before deleting the pages.

HI Movin,

Yes thats what i meant. But I thought I can create the Blog Page out of Theme anytime I want. Did not thought it would be not possible to get the page back =/

When I set a Page in Reading Settings to Post Page that happens (just created Site and named it “Blog”, then pupblished it and set it to Posts page):
Https://blackforestjerky.com/blog

When I click on Read more, I will be redirected to our shop. I found no way to edit…

They Posts are displayed, but there are many parts missing right? Like Sitebare and Tag Cloud…

And how can I edit the Page? Put other colors etc.?

When I click on Read more, I will be redirected to our shop. I found no way to edit..

Have you made any changes in the Shapely theme files?

If yes then please revert it or try using latest version of shapely theme.

They Posts are displayed, but there are many parts missing right? Like Sitebare and Tag Cloud..

To display the sidebar please set the theme layout option as shown in the attached screenshot and then add the widgets like tag cloud in the sidebar so that they will be displayed.

And how can I edit the Page? Put other colors etc.?

You can change the link color from the theme layout option as shown in the second attached screenshot.