Difficulty with "Read More" summary at the end of a new post

Hey folks-

Got the site up and running but I’m having an issue with my posts. Essentially, when I make a post, I only want the first paragraph to present on the front page and the rest to be on the actual post when the reader clicks to it. I’ve been using the [read more] command under the post, which is doing the job of limiting the size of the post on the front page, but it is not providing a link at the end of the paragraph for the reader to click.

Below is my site, and my most recent post is an example. How do I get a little link at the bottom that says “Read more”?

http://healthydocs.net/

thanks in advance
John

Hi John,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home a.more-link {
    display: block;
    color: #DA4453;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

That worked, thank… currently it displays ‘(more…)’. Is there a way to edit that to say [READ MORE] or something a little more aesthetically please?

Thanks,
j

You can achieve that by using below CSS code.

body.home a.more-link {
    font-size: 0;
}
body.home a.more-link:before {
    content: "Read More";
    display: block;
        float: right;
    margin-top: 10px;
    font-size: 12px;
    padding: 11px 13px;
    background-color: #DA4453;
    border-color: #DA4453;
        color: #FFF;
    text-transform: uppercase;
        border-radius: 4px;
}

That also worked, thanks!

One more question, sorry to be a pain in the ass. The read more links have a “#more-303” attached to the url. When it brings you to the target page, it scrolls down a bit on the article. Any way to fix that?

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

One more question, sorry to be a pain in the ass. The read more links have a “#more-303” attached to the url. When it brings you to the target page, it scrolls down a bit on the article. Any way to fix that?

That is displayed by [read more] tag that you have used.

I’m having the same problem.
I tried this solution last night with no success.
What else can I do?
Thanks!

@officeaj To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.