Disable link on featured image

Hey there.

Is it possible to disable the link on the featured image when i’m visiting a post. It doesn’t make any sense for me, if the featured image of a post links to itsself again (?)

Thanks for your help.

Greetings.
Frank

Hi there,
I hope you are having an awesome day and thanks for contacting us regarding your query.

This can be done with the help of some Custom CSS. Kindly provide me with a link to a page with this so that I may be able to write up some CSS that should work for your setup.

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi !

Here is a link for example :slight_smile:

Thanks so much in advance.

kind regards
Frank

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to disable the image link by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Featured image disable link*/
img.single-featured {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for the CSS code. I pasted it in “additional CSS”, but it doesn’t work…

Do you have an idea why?

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

That code didn’t seem to be entirely correct. Please try this and see if it works:

.post-inner-content:nth-child(1) {
    pointer-events: none!Important;
}

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you but now the link is also diabled in the blogroll (no linked headline etc…) :slight_smile:

any further idea? :slight_smile:

THANK YOU for your great support.

regards
Frank

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Unfortunately, there isn’t really another way of doing it. It seems the link on the image and the date link are both on the same node and as a result, one code works for both.

So sorry about that.

Best Regards,
Support