Display blog posts on more than 1 page

Hello. Thanks for this theme I love it. My question:

Is there a way to display blog posts on more than 1 page? I would like to keep the latest blog posts on my home page and have separate page on my menu bar that display my blog post as well. (I plan to tittle this page “blog”) How can this be done?

Thank you

Hi @em2105,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by using the attached child theme of Sparkling theme that contains some custom code.

After using this theme, just set “Front page displays” option to “Your latest posts” in the Reading Settings and in the blog page edit page set the template to “Blog Page” as shown in the attached screenshots.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi thanks for the reply. I installed the child theme above and followed your instructions. The blog posts page shows on the child theme but not the parent theme My “blog” page is still not displaying my blog posts. Am I missing something?

(shouldn’t my blog post page show on the parent theme too?)

The front page of the parent and child theme is set to display latest blog posts.

I want to keep my latest blog post on the home page in addition to them showing up on the navigation menu page titled “blog”

This is my website to take a look: www.ebonimorris.com

Hi @em2105,

After uploading the shared child theme on your site, please activate it and then follow the exact instructions that i have shared in my previous reply.

You should remove your existing Blog menu item and add the new Blog page menu item in place of it.

And most important thing is this that you have to keep using child theme by activating it to achieve this and don’t activate parent theme as by default child theme uses parent theme functionality.

Regards,
Movin