Display comments

Hi,

I use illdy for my site maiakendo.com. Previously, I didn’t want my blog posts to display my email and name, so following your advice, I added the code:

.blog-post-meta {
display: none;
}

This worked and it’s great! However, I would still want the readers to be able to add comment son blog posts. How can I allow the comments on blog posts?

Thanks so much!

Maika

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can enable the comments by going to Settings > Discussion and enable the option “Allow people to post comments on new articles”.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I checked my settings and it seems that the comments are already allowed. Am I missing something here?

Hello there,

Please edit a post then click on “Screen Options” on the upper right hand corner and enable “Discussion”, this will enable an option on the bottom of the post that allows you to enable the comments on the post.

Here is a link to help you:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks, I followed the steps in the instruction video, however, the comments still dont display.

I cleared cache and tried different browsers and still no comments.

I did mention in my first question posted that there is code in the CSS section:

.blog-post-meta {
}

Could that be the reason why? I dont want my email to appear, neither the posting date and this is why you originally gave me this code to insert.

Hi

Can you please help me with the above question? Thank you

Hello Maika,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please check your additional CSS for the following CSS code and remove it:

#comments {
}

If that does not work please create a new post and check to see if the comments appear on it.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I received your advice before to put this code because I did not want my identity and email and date to appear.

How can I have comments display without the above to appear?

Maika