Double featured image, one is not displaying

Hello,
I have set an image as the featured image in the blog post, but another image is showing above. In the blog category page.
I guess that one is thumbnail and is featured. But one of them I can’t change, or I don’t know where to do it. See attached screenshots. I would like just to show one image, and it should be the big one.
Best
Philip

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

Please provide me with URL to your page so I can provide me with the URL for your website, so I can provide further assistance with the issue.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello!

It’s http://pltsbody.com/ . But I have “coming soon” mode activated. Do I need to unlock it?

Best

Philip

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Yes, you would have to deactivate the coming soon feature for us to see the pages.

Best Regards,
Support

OK!

I just disabled it. Please look at http://pltsbody.com/blog/

Best

Philip

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please go to Appearance > Customize > Blog Settings > Blog Index Settings and add a header image here.
Also, Please ensure that the blog post have a featured image assigned to them.

Once you have done them tell me if the issues persists.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello, yes done that.

As you can see, now I have a header image on the blog page. On the blog page also a featured image.

But on the blog category page, where all the blog posts are, it’s still a image not showing.

See attached.

Hello there,

Thanks for the update.

I have double checked and the image is supposed to be the featured image but the placeholder image keeps coming up.
Please create a new post with some text and a different featured image.

When you have done that, please clear your browser cache then use the following plugin to delete your WordPress cache:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello again,

So weird. Still nothing. Have created 2 new posts with new featured images. Cleared my cache and also with the wp-super-cache plugin, which I already had installed.

Should I delete the plugin and reinstall it or something?

Much appreciated for the help!

Hello again,

It didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Very thankful for the help!

Best

Philip

Hello there,

This is strange, it seems to be using the placeholder image instead of the featured image.
For now, please disble all your third party plugins. Then go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and remove any CSS there, you will have to copy them elsewhere so that you can return them.

Best Regards,
Support

Tanks! Now it works!

I deleted a bunch of Plugins.

Thanks a lot!

Best

Philip

But now the weirdest thing happen. All the front page banners are aligned to the right… See attached prnt screen.

I noticed that my screen shot did not upload. See attached again.

Best!

Philip

Hi,

I see you are having a Maintenance mode active, can you remove that, or pass us the login info so that we can check the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello Laranz!

I have now disabled it. Please check again http://pltsbody.com/

Much appreciated for the help!

Best

Philip

Hi,

You added this in the Custom CSS,

.col-md-8 {
    width: 100%;
}

This is causing the issue. Please remove that.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello again Laranz,

Thanks. But the main issue was that I wanted to remove the sidebar in the shop category page. If I remove that css then the sidebar comes back up…

So I would like no sidebar in the shop page and the banners/images on the front page to be aligned in the middle…

So much thanks for the help!

Best

Philip

Hi,

Remove this code,

.col-md-8 {
}

and add this one,

.woocommerce-page #primary {
}