Drop down menu not working for Unite WordPress theme

Hello

The dropdown menu in the sparkling theme i dont get it to work.

When i click on it, it opens but you cannnot see the block, i hope some one can help me.

Could you please post a screenshot or url of your website, so can look into it.

It is local but i will put it online and send you the url.

here is the url : norauniverse.com/wordpress/

You should replace localhost to your actual domain because nothing is loaded properly right now. Only you can see your website properly because you have your localhost running. You can switch it off and see what I am talking about.

I shut down the localhost and it looks normal :smiley:

So it must look normal for you also

I changed everything from localhost to website :smiley:

Sorry for the inconvience

Interesting. Try to disable completely all plugins and see if that does anything.

If it is working, then enable plugin one by one to see which one causes this problem.

it is the only plugin i have the SP Responsive header image slider plugin that couses it.

But it doesn’t make sence, i guess it has to do with the z-index maybe.

Could be z-index. Actually I don’t know why did you decide to use this image slider instead of default one. You could just remove active URL from it and it would be a static slider which would look much better than one you are using now.

I use this slider because i dont know how to activate the default one :smiley:

I managed to get the slider going and it looks real nice.

I have only one more question and i hope you can help me out, again :smiley: .

I want the slider to be always to stay even when you go to another page, so it will be displaying always when scrolling the website.

I found this but dont know how to get it done :

// Add slider CSS only if is front page ans slider is enabled
if( ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) && of_get_option(‘sparkling_slider_checkbox’) == 1 ) {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘flexslider-css’, get_template_directory_uri().’/inc/css/flexslider.css’ );
}

// Add main theme stylesheet
wp_enqueue_style( ‘sparkling-style’, get_stylesheet_uri() );

// Add Modernizr for better HTML5 and CSS3 support
wp_enqueue_script(‘sparkling-modernizr’, get_template_directory_uri().’/inc/js/modernizr.min.js’, array(‘jquery’) );

// Add Bootstrap default JS
wp_enqueue_script(‘sparkling-bootstrapjs’, get_template_directory_uri().’/inc/js/bootstrap.min.js’, array(‘jquery’) );

// Add slider JS only if is front page ans slider is enabled
if( ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) && of_get_option(‘sparkling_slider_checkbox’) == 1 ) {
wp_enqueue_script( ‘flexslider’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/inc/js/flexslider.min.js’, array(‘jquery’), ‘20140222’, true );

Thank you in advance

From code you posted here you should remove this code. It is mentioned twice, for slider CSS and javascript.

is_home() || is_front_page() ) &&

But you will also need to do the same thing on extras.php file which is located in theme folder - inc.

And find code related to slider and remove this part

is_front_page() &&

Now slider should be visible and working on all your pages.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Very much for your effort and Support :smiley:

Hi! Thanks for your kind themes!

Speaking of Unite Theme, I’ve found a problem with top menu and its drop down function: it seems it doesn’t work with Easy Bootstrap Shortcode plugin activated.

I’ve installed Easy Bootstrap and the drop down didn’t work anymore. Deactivating Easy Bootstrap, the drop down menu came back working.

Do you know any workaround to make them work together?

Thank you in advance.

@aliag

You need to configure Easy Bootstrap plugin properly just like you can see in this screenshot:

In your case Bootstrap related JavaScript and CSS is loaded twice and it affects performance as well as some functionality including dropdown menus.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi @Aigars,
now everything works like a charm!

Thank you so much!

Hi
When I down loaded and installed the Unite theme via theme install (unite.1.2.zip file) or manually via ftp.

I do not get any content in the theme (there isnt any menus, images, pages, shortcodes, etc.
Do I need to upload a demo file or am I missing something from the zip file.

cakesbygrandma.com/

I have attached the zipped file.
Please advise.
Wayne