Drop down menu not workng

HI,

I am creating a website using the Unite theme. When i create sub menus to a link in the main menu, the link in the main menu stops working. When i hover the mouse over the link i see a strange link address at the bottom of the page… a hash key rather than the name of the link.
You can check the site here http://kokodesigns.ie/testsite/ both the home interiors and fashion and accessories links have sub menus and don’t work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cormac

Hi Cormac,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the custom plugin solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/correct-menu-structure/page/2/#post-29846

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi I have tried this but it still doesnt work.

I ended up redesigning the menu to get rid of drop downs as i was in a rush to go live… but am now trying to fix this.

When i hover over a drop down menu, it doesnt work, instead, the link appears at the bottom of the browser saying the link i am accessing is whatever page i am currently on with a hashtag. e.g. www.kokodesigns.ie/home/#

I currently have 1 dropdown menu set up on the homepage called fashion as a test drop down menu. You can see it isn’t working if you go to www.kokodesigns.ie

Thanks for any help or advice

Cheers,

Cormac

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Kindly provide us with some temporary admin access to your site. We’ll be in a better position to spot anything suspicious from here.

You can add new users by going to Users > Add New set the user and password for us, set the role to admin and set the info here. You can navigate here for more details; Adding New Users to Your WordPress Site – Make WordPress Support.

Best Regards,
Support

Are you serious that you want me to post the login details for an admin user for my website on a open forum??

You can share your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”

Hey there,
have you been able to solve this? With my page (also with unite) I’ve the same problem. Furthermore, the main manu doesn’t show menu items in a third level. Is this an error or doesn’t unite support this possibility?

Thanks for support in advance!
Best
Conny

Hey @conny,
Hope you’re doing well today

Did you try the solution shown above? If you did and it doesn’t work, kindly provide me with a link to your site so that I may have a closer look at the issue.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Dear Support,
thanks for the quick answer. Reading that the suggested solution didn’t work for cebekoko, I assumed there’s another way to follow and didn’t try. But I’ll do now and let you know.

Sure do let us know.

Dear Movin,
I’ve finally been able to continue working on my site. Your solution works :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot!
Best,
Conny

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi there,
here I am again… unfortunately. I’ve just discovered that the dropdown only works on big displays (laptop). When clicking at the menu on tablets or mobiles nothing happens.

Just for your recollection: I use Unite as theme (a child version), and the main menu items didn’t work. After using your suggested php above, I was happy. Until now :wink:

Can you help again, please?

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry! Have written into that forum too fast. I’ve learnt from other posts that the problem can be solved with the WordPress Responsive Menu-Plugin, and this works now.
So please ignore my question above!

@conny Awesome great to see you got that solved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

I need help with this topic. I have been trying to find a solution for far too long and nothing I am doing works. The drop down menu is disabled for the About Page.

Temporary login details are:
ID: admin2
PW: w6xw%og2cwecyDWJb^iDgHkr

If needed my personal email address: [email protected]

Thank you.

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

The about us Menu items isn’t broken.
Just to be clear, the menu will not activate on hover, you have to click on for the drop down menus to activate iit as it is on the demo:

Secondly the first item on the drop down link (in this case the about page) won’t work, this is by design, it would be best to make this link a custom menu item with a blank value.

I hope this clarifies any misconceptions and we do apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello!
I have same problem - in big screen all menu items are clickable (also the parent item of drop down), when viewing in mobile, parent item is not clickable. I have already colorlib-plugin.php added. I also tried to change there screen width to 450px to see if that would solve mobile screen issue but no - parent item is not clickable. Is there any solution available for that?

thank you!

Hey @sandras,

I hope you’re doing well today

Kindly open a new discussion restating your problem along with the URL to your website so we can have a look at the issue for your.

Best Regards,
Support