Duplicate Front Page Content

Is it possible to duplicate the front page content on another page? I want to create the same “static front page” on another page of my site in another language.

Thanks!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

In order to duplicate the front page, you would have to create a duplicate of the frontage template and customize it because the front page uses widgets to populate it.

Here are the steps.

1. Go to Appearance > Editor and choose Static Front Page(frontpage.php)
  2. Copy the contents into a text file and name it whatever you like then add a Template Name on top of the code.
  3. Upload this PHP file to the wp-content/themes/Illdy/ folder using FTP.
  4. Go to Pages > Add New. On the right panel, choose the New Template you’ve added.

Publish and view the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Please could you explain this part in detail for someone with limited coding experience:

then add a Template Name on top of the code.

So far, I have copied the contents of frontpage.php into a new text file and named as new_template.php

Many Thanks

Hello there,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

The template name would simply entail adding a comment (Using /**/) to the code. Here is an example:

/*TEMPLATE NAME*/

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, I have the same issue as this topic… I’m trying to create a second static home page to have 2 languages. I followed the steps above, but it doesn’t work.

I’m assuming the frontpage.php which is copied into a text doc, saved as a .php is added to wp-content/themes/Illdy/ via the hosting provider, correct?

it’s been done, I tried it adding the /TEMPLATE NAME/ to the top of the file, and also tried without it. kept refreshing the pages on the hosting and on WP, and the template option still doesn’t show up when adding a new page in WP. The only options I get on the right panel ‘template’ section are ‘Default Template’, ‘Left Sidebar’, and ‘No sidebar’.

Could you please help me out with this??