Edit Testimonials and Projects Section

Hi there! Would you please help me with this? I can’t find the way to make it work.

• Hide the photos in testimonials, hiding that entire space so as to reduce the total height of the Testimonials Section, leaving only title + testimonial “…” box + person’s name.

• Reduce the empty space in between the projects, so they are shown closer together.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
I hope you are having an awesome day and thanks for contacting us regarding your query.

This can be done with the help of some Custom CSS. Kindly provide me with a link to a page with this so that I may be able to write up some CSS that should work for your setup.

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for your quick reply! Here goes the link: http://funk.serverdnspoint.com/~vitcocom/

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

Hey again,

Kindly add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.testimonial-image {
    display: none!Important;
}

For the project images, they are actually sitting flush beside each other, so there isn’t any way of removing space.
You’ll actually need to crop the images and remove the excess blank space around the logos if you’d like to get the logos a little snugger.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I may help with. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Removing the testimonial pics worked perfectly! Thanks!

Regarding the project images, then I think I will need to adjust the containing boxes size (now they are 247x247), so as to reduce their height. How can I do that?

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

The CSS below should work for this:

a.project.no-url {
    height: 246px!Important;
}

Please let me know if that works :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi ! Sadly is not working. It seems to cut the boxes from the side, especially in mobile, where the space between the images doesn’t change, but the images are cut on the left.

Any other ideas to improve this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

I think what would work best for you are rectangular images instead of square images. With the square images, instead of padding, you actually have space above and below each image and that is exactly what you’d like to get rid of.

If you could make each image approximately 160px tall, you’ll have just about the perfect setup in regards to the height, and space above and below.

The only issue I’m seeing in regards to the images being cut to the left and right is the fact that the longer logos have zero padding to the left and right (referring to the actual image). Because there isn’t any space on the image, when it’s being displayed on mobile it simply displays all the images in sequence with no extra padding (since that’s exactly how the widget operates).

It all really comes down to how the images themselves are proportioned as the widget really displays all the images directly beside each other.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Support

Hi again! Thanks for your quick answer.

I’ve uploaded rectangular images (247 × 160) for the first row and you can see now how they are cut. That’s why I keep thinking that I should change the containing box size and not the images size.

What do you think?

Thanks!!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Ahh, the square image.

We’re probably going to have to switch back to the square images, then I’ll do some further digging to get some Custom CSS to fix that. I’m thinking that since the height is set to a certain value and the width is set to auto, overriding the auto setting so that it sticks to the current width then reducing the height could potentially fix things.

Kindly let me know when you’ve made that change so that I can try to write some CSS.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi !
I’ve switched back to the square images. Please let me know if you find any new solution.
Thanks!!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’ve searched through the code and I haven’t found a way to make the changes you’ve requested. Your best bet right now would be to reach out to the developer through the GitHub to get a way of customizing the project sizes implemented within the theme.

You may do that here: https://github.com/puikinsh/illdy

Best Regards,
Support