Edit the header to change the position of menu and logo

Hi,

I am trying to move the logo to the left edge of the header and the menu to the right edge. I’ve tried searching through styles.css but was unable to find the right option to edit.

Here’s my site: http://gostudyto.us

As you can see, the menu and the logo are kind of in the middle right now. I want them to be on the opposite edges of the header.

I also wish to remove the search icon, if possible. Can you please tell me what/where should I edit to accomplish these?

Thank you in advance

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Sorry but changing position for menu and logo is not optional and is not possible without a theme customization
for search icon you can use this custom css, put it in appearance > customize > custom css:

.search-widget-handle {
display: none;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Is customizing the theme not allowed? I am willing to create a child theme and customize it. Just point me to what I need to edit please.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can customize the theme as you please but it is recommended to use a child theme for making any customizations.

This plugin can help you to make a child theme:

Best Regards,
Support

Okay, but what exactly do I need to edit? Can you tell what file and what part of it has the logo and menu position settings and what should I write to get the desired look?

Thank you.

HI Alex

This 2 plugins will help you identify any file anywhere ?

Noda, I know what files I need to edit: styles.css and header.php. My problem is that I don’t know what to edit. Can you tell me which properties in the CSS file I neeed to edit to change the position of menu and logo?

“My problem is that I don’t know what to edit” - this question is not about to change the only css or edit one file, this needs little bit more attention, adding new layout rules in the files and new css rules, dear alexspace this is nothing but customization :slight_smile:

Okay, I see. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

You are welcome and thank you for understanding Alex :slight_smile:
I will close this case here, feel free to open new ticket