Editing Footer/Header

Hi, it’s me again!

I have a few questions regarding editing the footer/header:
http://www.thingsilearnedgrowingup.com/

1. How can I change the colour of the footer and header to black with white text?

2. How can I create 3 sections (widget areas?) within the footer?

3. How can I remove the “Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress” from the footer and just put “© 2016 - Things I Learned Growing Up All Rights Reserved.” instead?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi @kazu,

Thank you for your questions.

1. How can I change the colour of the footer and header to black with white text?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

nav.navbar.navbar-default {
    background: #000;
    color: #fff;
}
nav.navbar.navbar-default ul ul a {
    color: #000;
}
nav.navbar.navbar-default a {
}

footer#colophon, footer#colophon .copyright, footer#colophon .copyright a {
    background: #000;
}
2. How can I create 3 sections (widget areas?) within the footer?

To achieve this you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Activello theme as described on the below pages.

3. How can I remove the “Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress” from the footer and just put “© 2016 – Things I Learned Growing Up All Rights Reserved.” instead?

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey,

I tried to use the custom code of the child theme and copied it on my main theme. It didn’t work. It says error in footer. How can I remove Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress?

Thank you

@lucie This is old topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.