Editing Post Layout

Hello! (sorry about not creating a new thread earlier!)

http://www.thingsilearnedgrowingup.com/

Here are my questions regarding creating the post layout:

1. I have two grids but the first two posts say “Read More” and “Leave a Comment”. I would like them to be consistent with the others and simply say […]

2. How can I keep the 2 column consistency when I click on a menu item or tab instead of having them appear in a list format?

3. How can i reserve the order of the “older post” and “Newer posts” texts so that “older posts” is on the right?

4. Finally, is there a way to make the featured images on the posts less rectangle and more square? (like how how they are appear on the ‘recent posts’ sidebar except bigger.

thank you! I hope that is not too confusing. let me know if I need to clarify!

Hi @kazu,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I have two grids but the first two posts say “Read More” and “Leave a Comment”. I would like them to be consistent with the others and simply say […]

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.blog.home #page .page-1 article .read-more,
.blog.home #page .page-1 article.post .entry-footer {
    display: none;
}
2. How can I keep the 2 column consistency when I click on a menu item or tab instead of having them appear in a list format?

I am not sure what you meant by it so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

3. How can i reserve the order of the “older post” and “Newer posts” texts so that “older posts” is on the right?

Try achieving this by using the below CSS code as described above.

nav.paging-navigation .nav-next {
    float: left;
}
nav.paging-navigation .nav-previous {
    float: right;
}

4. Finally, is there a way to make the featured images on the posts less rectangle and more square? (like how how they are appear on the ‘recent posts’ sidebar except bigger.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin!

Thank you for your help thus far!!

To clarify question 2, I have attached an image of the two columns when I click on a tag or menu item. Currently when I click on a menu item, it displays one blog post (with a snippet and “Read more” and underneath that, another blog post and so on. Is there a way to only have the two columns? Please let me know if you need further clarification…I don’t know if I explained it well enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Question 4: When I download the plugin, I kept text:
/*
Plugin Name: Colorlib Plugin
Description: Quick Custom Solution Plugin for Implementing Custom Solution.
Version: 1.0.0
Author: Movin
Author URI: http://freewptp.com/
License: GNU General Public License (Version 2 - GPLv2)
*/

function modify_featured_image_size(){
add_image_size( ‘activello-featured’, 9999, 9999, true );
}
add_action( ‘init’, ‘modify_featured_image_size’, 10 );

Am I supposed to paste the bottom part into my php file? Thanks!

To clarify question 2, I have attached an image of the two columns when I click on a tag or menu item. Currently when I click on a menu item, it displays one blog post (with a snippet and “Read more” and underneath that, another blog post and so on. Is there a way to only have the two columns? Please let me know if you need further clarification…I don’t know if I explained it well enough

Use the below CSS code to achieve this.

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .article-container{
        overflow: hidden;
    }
    body.archive article.post {
        width: 50%;
        margin: 0;
        padding-right: 10px;
        display: inline-block;
        float: left;
    }

body.archive article.post .post-inner-content{
        border: 0;
        padding: 0 0 30px;
    }

body.archive article.post:nth-of-type(2n+1){
        clear: left;
        padding-right: 25px;
    }
    body.archive article.post:nth-of-type(2n+2){
        padding-left: 25px;
        padding-right: 0;
    }

}

.navigation.paging-navigation {
    clear: both;
}
Question 4: When I download the plugin, I kept text: Am I supposed to paste the bottom part into my php file? Thanks!

Just download and install that shared plugin on your site like normal WordPress plugin.

Hi! Thanks for your help!

For Question 4, I uploaded the plugin but I didn’t see a difference in the picture sizes. It says it is activated so I’m not sure what to do.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

I can see the featured images are displaying large on your site now as shown here http://www.thingsilearnedgrowingup.com/exploring-the-hague/