Email in social menu dazzling

Hi,

how do I add the email function in my social menu?
What is the URL I should use and does dazzling support the email in social menu?

I would like to use the email function in social menu so visitors are able to send an email to a person they know with information of the site included.

Thank you for your response.
my site is www.hetanderefamilieweekend.nl
Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by adding the class “fa-envelope” to the email custom menu item and then add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Dazzling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#social li.fa-envelope:before{
    display: none;
}
#social li.fa-envelope a i:before {
    content: "\f0e0";
}

You should use the menu URL as following.

mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Hello%20again

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello!

I’ve just tried to do the same thing on the Activello theme, but it hasn’t come up with an icon? Is the custom CSS and the menu URL the same across all themes?

Also, how do I get rid of the purple line above to the left of the social media icons?

Do you have a Bloglovin’ icon (usually a heart or a plus sign) to include in those icons too?
Thanks,

Alice

P.S My site is www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk if that helps?

Hi Alice,

I’ve just tried to do the same thing on the Activello theme, but it hasn’t come up with an icon? Is the custom CSS and the menu URL the same across all themes?

It is same for Activello theme.

Could you please tell me how you have used it on your site?

I visited your shared site but didn’t find it used anywhere. Please advise.

Also, how do I get rid of the purple line above to the left of the social media icons?

Do you have a Bloglovin’ icon (usually a heart or a plus sign) to include in those icons too?
Thanks,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here Dazzling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin