Empty gaps left by erased titles

How can you get rid of the blank space left by the homepage title and the soft grey area? There’s still a wide gap between rev. slider and menu bar.
www.maquelia.com

I see that you have removed rev. slider but I think this is hat you were looking for.

.home .container.main-content-area {
  margin: 0;
}

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS. If it is not what you were looking for, make sure to enable slider and notify me again.

This is how I had the CSS settings and then added “margin: 0;”

width: 100%; margin: 0;

It is now working with rev. slider. Adding “margin: 0;” removed the gray strip but I still want to remove the white strip where the homepage title used to be

http://www.maquelia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Dibujo.jpg

I guess this is what you were looking for:

.home .page-header {
    display: none;
}

If not, bringing everything online would definitely help you provide more accurate solution. This code will only apply on homepage and won’t affect any internal pages.

Hi

It still does not work. These are my CSS setting for rev. slider and as anyone can see my site www.maquelia.com

.post-inner-content {
padding: 25px;
}
width: 100%; margin: 0;
}
.home .post-inner-content {
    padding-top: 0;
}
.navbar-header {
    margin-top: 1%; margin-bottom: 0.5%;
}
.home .page .entry-title {
}
.home .page-header {
}

No slider is not visible on any browser. Maybe it works for you in some mode that allows administrator to view it but it doesn’t work for others.

Also make sure to disable default theme slider as it is now enabled but you are not using it. This might also cause issues as both use similar code base.

What do you mean? Cannot see the slider when you visit the site?

I have now disabled the default theme slider. Please check again as it is works though I’m logged out of my control panel.

On Chrome it keeps redirecting me to maquelia.com/home and clearing browser cache doesn’t help either.

But it works on other browsers so we are safe to assume that this is some local issue with my Chrome.

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.home .entry-content {
	margin-top: -10px;
}

It will remove margin on top.

Below slider you have two lines of <br> tags and you should remove this via WordPress “Text/HTML” edit view when you open your Page for editing. Otherwise there is no solution for that.

Thanks a lot Aigars. It is working brilliantly now.
Could it be that the default language of your Chrome is set on English? That would explain it redirects you to the English translation of my site.

It is working fine on Chrome as well but yes, default language is set to English.

Thanks once again

One more question, I would like to narrow to 80% the content below the slider, but when I do that on the CSS settings it goes towards the left and I want it to be centered. Can I add some label as “center” to keep it in the middle? www.maquelia.com/inicio

width: 80%; margin: 0;
}

I see that you did the right thing by removing customizations because website were like they by default.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Hi
Everything’s worked fine so far. Two further questions:

1. As I was setting links to my pages from the homepage I realised the background colour does not hover over the dropdown menu of the navbar. You have to click on each item to see the background color. Any idea to fix that?

2. On my blog page I want to get rid of the first post which has the featured image. I don’t want it to be visible but to keep it concealed somehow and start my blog with a completely new first post. Is that possible?

1. For this one I can’t help because these are your own customizations. By default you can make these changes via Theme Options - Header but I see that you have some strange Custom CSS generated by you or some plugin.

2. You can hide thos blog post based on its ID. Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS:

#post-1175 {
}