Enabling comments section on posts in Travelify

I am using Travelify to create a blog and have not been successful in enabling a comments section on the posts. I have been able to place a comments section on the pages, but not the posts. All boxes for comments and discussions have been checked on the edit pages for the posts, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @jobruner01,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

The comments are displaying fine for me on pages and posts using latest version of Travelify theme.

Please make sure to enable the comments as described on the following pages.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Comments_in_WordPress#Enabling_Comments_on_Your_Site

Also please try temporary deactivating all plugins to confirm that not any plugin is disabling it.

Best Regards,
Movin

Movin,

Thanks for the reply. I followed the tips and deactivated all plugins, but no success in enabling comments on the posts. Not sure what to do next.

One thought however…I have a plugin installed but not activated called Akismet. Could that have anything to do with the problem?

Also, I am using Hostgator as host.

Please help if you can.

Hey Joe!

We’re posting here hopes it will reach a wider audience.

You can rest assured that none of the plugins you have installed are affecting the visibility of the comments section. Askimet is not the problem either.

From the Wordpress dashboard, if you go to Settings -> Discussion -> Other comment settings, you will see an option that says “Automatically close comments on articles older than X days”. This setting is checked on by default.

Once this is turned off your comment section will be enabled indefinitely!

We hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Neighborhood Nerds

Hi @jobruner01,

I hope the solution posted by “Neighborhood Nerds” in his above reply will help you to resolve the issue but if it doesn’t then could you please share your site URL so that we can test it?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Neighborhood Nerds,

Thanks for helping in the forum. Your help here is really appreciated.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin