Enlarge body text

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great Unite theme, I really like it. However I do have a question. I would like to add functionality that allows visitors to enlarge the body text. There are some Wordpress add-ons that can do this, but those don’t work because it requires the body text not be set in pixels (or something).

So all texts (like menu’s, sidebar) are enlarging except for the body text. I want exactly the opposite. Is this somehow possible?

One other question, I want so add 2 icons next to the social icons that I am using. This are images (.png) so I think I have to replace to icons I’m not using (like RSS and Youtube for example) for images. Can you tell me how to do this? If possible with hover effect (so image1 by default and image2 on hover).

Thanks for all the great work!

Hi @martijn,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

There are some WordPress add-ons that can do this, but those don’t work because it requires the body text not be set in pixels (or something).
So all texts (like menu’s, sidebar) are enlarging except for the body text. I want exactly the opposite. Is this somehow possible?

I used the following plugin on my site along with the latest version of Unite theme and it worked fine for me without any issue as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please try using it?

One other question, I want so add 2 icons next to the social icons that I am using. This are images (.png) so I think I have to replace to icons I’m not using (like RSS and Youtube for example) for images. Can you tell me how to do this? If possible with hover effect (so image1 by default and image2 on hover).

You can achieve this by using the attached child theme of unite theme and then add your custom icons code in the function custom_unite_social which is added in the functions.php file of the shared child theme.

Best Regards,
Movin

Unfortunately the text resizing is not working. Please see example for yourself at http://goo.gl/jWG6A2

I even put the plugin in the body, but all it resizes is the header and sidebar, not the body part. I don’t want the header and sidebar to resize, just the body part.

Hi @martijn,

I could confirm the issue on your shared site and also on my test site, i found this is happening when we change or set the theme Main Body Text font in the theme option.

To resolve the issue try adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

div.entry-content {
  font-size: 1em;
}
#secondary,
nav.navbar.navbar-default {
  font-size: 14px !important;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Great solution, thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: