Error message after editing functions.php

Hello,
I’ve come across this message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/elmag937/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php on line 276

This happened after I tried to follow the instructions of this website (http://www.carrieloves.com/2014/11/how-to-automatically-add-a-signature-to-your-wordpress-posts/), to try and automatically add a signature to my wordpress posts. But clearly I did it wrong, as I am still a novice to this whole blog/web designing thing. Ever since I edited things in the functions.php area, I have not been able to access my website (elrosaddiction.com) or my WordPress Admin account.

I am scared that I have lost all my hard work; I’d finished editing the site to my liking, and I just wanted to add a signature to all my posts. Is there a way to help me retrieve my website to how it was prior to me messing up the functions.php area, and enable me to access my WP Admin?

Best regards, E.

Hi @elrosaddiction,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To access your site please access the theme file activello/functions.php on your server using FTP or cPanel file manager and then delete the code that you have added in that file which is causing this issue.

I saw the instructions provided on your shared site and found it is for genesis theme and not this Activello theme.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,
It took me a while to figure out your instructions (still a novice), but I finally did it; and it worked! My website is up and running again and I’m able to access my WP Admin.
Would you have any suggestions as to how I can automatically add a signature to my wordpress posts? Plugins? Code?
Best regards, E.

You can try achieving this using the following plugin.