expand and collapse sub menus

Hi, firstly a thank you for a great theme which I’ve used for a local club I help at.

My question is regarding the main navigation on mobile.

What I’d really love to do is have a ‘+’ added to any links in the nav which have children / a submenu which would expand and collapse the submenu to effectively reduce the navigation down to just the top level pages.

We have quite a few submenus so the whole navigation on mobile has got quite long!!

Wondering whether you could recommend a best solution to do this.

I’ve created a child theme off illdy which has my custom styling etc in so could add the ‘+’ in fairly easily through css I’d think, it’s just the on click stuff, for which I’d rather not have to load another js file!

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi @doncoop,

Unfortunately this is a bug that our team is trying to solve and to include in the next updates.

I will keep you updated when this will be solved.

Thank you,

Cristian

Hello @doncoop,

I’d tried to create a child theme of Illdy but…didn’t work :frowning:

Could you tell me how you did it?

Thank’s so much

Hi @iaparicio,

Please post a new thread with your question to be easy to follow and to be useful for others user as well.

Thank you,

Cristian

ok!

Here is the new thread:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-create-a-child-the-from-illdy/

thanks

Hi,

I see this may be fixed in newer versions, however I’m not updating the theme at present due to testing my child theme’s customisations.

Are you able to confirm the code used to fix this so I could implement in the short term.

Many thanks

Hi there!

I was wondering if there was ever a solution to above question? I’m also running into the same issue.

Thank you

Hi @jellibellihsu,

Can you create a separate thread with your issue with screenshot if possible, so that we can able to help you to fix the issue?

Make sure you’re running the latest version of the theme.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks Laranz! I just created a new topic. Please see below -
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/expand-and-collapse-sub-menus-for-mobile/
and yes, the theme is up-to-date.

Ok, this one will be closed