Extra Line Above Post in Search

Hello

When I search for specific posts on my site, this post shows with an extra line above it: https://www.theloveplace.co.uk/giving-ourselves-over-to-inspiration/

Please see images attached.

Can you help me get rid of it? I have tried deleting and republishing the post but the same things happens.

Thank you,
Lucy

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

When I try to search for “giving ourselves over to inspiration” I do not see that error.

Can you please try clearing the cache then try to run the search once more and let us know if the same error persists.

Best Regards,
Support

Please try the search ‘lucy creator’ and you will see it.

Thank you,
Lucy

Hello Lucy

Please add a featured image to this page and check again:

https://www.theloveplace.co.uk/about/

Hi, I’ve now changed the wording on the About page so that the word creator is no longer there and cleared the cache and still there is a line above the post in search results which would have disappeared if the About page was the issue.

Good morning Lucy :slight_smile:

“Hi, I’ve now changed the wording on the About page” - Yes but i wanted to add a featreud image for the page, not the wording or anything else :slight_smile:

Hi Noda

There is no need for a featured image as that page will no longer show in the search results ‘Lucy creator’.

As the issue still occurs it is nothing to do with the About page.

Thanks,
Lucy

Hi Noda

You are correct, I added a header image and even with changed text above the post with the extra line the search results are trying to include the About page.

I understand why this would occur with a search for ‘lucy’ but not for the search in question now the text on the About page has been changed?

Thank you,
Lucy

Could you provide custom css to remove pages from search results so only blog posts show?

Hello,

Actually, it would need more that CSS to do that.

You would need to enlist the aid of a third party developer to change the search template used in the theme, one of which you can find here:
https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio

Best Regards,
Support

In the meantime, can you help me understand why that would be showing in those search results? I’ve changed the text back now but when I remove the word creator from the About page it should only show in results for ‘lucy’.

Hey there

First of all, search works on all your site, it will do a search in posts, pages and any text you saved in the database, its impossible to exclude only pages or particular page from the search results page, customization will be necessary here, try this plugin to enhance or change settings of your search results: Search Everything – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Hi Noda

What I was asking is why when the text had been changed on the About page it still showed in the search. If I search ‘duck’ and then remove the word duck from certain posts or pages they shouldn’t still show in search results for ‘duck.

Thanks,
Lucy

Hello,

That could be a caching issue, so please try clearing your WordPress cache with this plugin:

Best Regards,
Support