Extra Width Problem

Hello good people.

I thought I had added this earlier, but can’t seem to see it. Anyway, I have a problem on my site and can’t get to the bottom of what is causing it. My header is supposed to be full width, as per the earlier thread on the subject, however, the actual page width is wider than my page on the right (but not on the left for some reason)

I don’t think I have explained it very well, but the enclosed image will show what I mean. The site can be found at http://www.airfieldcards.com/wordpress

Good morning Vince

i think i have solution for this, please try this codes in the appearance > customize > additional css:

.navbar-default .container .row {
margin: 0px !important;
}
.site-navigation-inner.col-sm-12 {
padding: 0px;
}

Thanks for your prompt reply Noda.

That fixed it for the two “smaller” screen widths, but not the two “larger screen widths” Sorry I can’t quote the pixel figures, but I’m sure you get what I mean.

Any other ideas? Seems like you’re on the right track.

Kind Regards
Vince.

Good evening Vince

“but not the two “larger screen widths”” - Hm… can you show me it on the screenshot too? i just want to be sure we are talking about the same, …if you are talking about the logo that is floated on the left side on bigger screens then you can try this code:

.navbar-header {
float: none;
display: table;
margin: 0 auto;
}

otherwise, you have to show me a screenshot :slight_smile:

Thanks I tried that, to no effect.
Screen shot was in the first post, but here is another. It actually does it in the two MEDIUM window sizes.

Check it out on http://www.airfieldcards.com/wordpress/airfield_card/kingfishers-bridge/
If you alter the browser window, you will see that there is a scroll when in any of the two medium window sizes, but not in the large or smallest. ( I move it about to see how it will look on different devices )

Good morning Vence

Hm… honestly i did not see anything like this before, lets eliminate plugins first, please deactivate all third party plugins and try again your problem, most probably this I conflict with third-party plugins.
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict

Hi Noda.
Thank you for your reply. I have done as you asked and the plugin that is causing the problem is called Max Mega Menu. Megamenu.com
It has 300,000 installs and is “supposedly” up to date with the latest version of WP.

Any ideas what to do next?

Regards
Vince.

Good evening Vince

My fillings were not wrong :slight_smile:
ok, right now i see you have some changes, blank space is visible again but only a very small portion, are you working on it? troubleshooting steps says to us we need to get in touch with the plugin author in this case but let’s do everything we can, just let me know if you are working on it or not because from this morning space is reduced for sure

Hi Noda.

Thanks for that, yes, it was a problem with the plugin, or more importantly the way it was configured. I had the fly out items aligned to the left. Therefore they made the page wider. So, there is an option in the plugin to align the flyout items with the right, which I did on letters from L onwards. That will cover all scenarios, because it changes to the burger menu once we get below that.

Thanks for all your help.
Kind Regards
Vince.

Good evening Vince

So, can you confirm now everything is acceptable?
it was a pleasure to chat with you :slight_smile:

Yes, absolutely Noda, I won’t forget all your help. Thanks again. I have marked the topic as resolved.

Kind Regards
Vince.

Thank you to Vince :slight_smile:
let me know if you have anything else but in new ticket

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us and mention my name here: https://wordpress.org/support/theme/illdy/Sparkling/#new-post