Facebook icon

Hey

I placed a menu item with text ‘Facebook’ on my site. Is there a way to place the facebook icon instead of text button with link to my facebook page?

Is it possible to set target="_blank" on the link?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes it’s possible. To achieve this you have to create social icons menu as following.

1. Create a menu like any other menu in the admin area of your site under Appearance -> Menus .
  2. Use the correct urls in the menu items, so for twitter it must be twitter.com for facebook it must be facebook.com. Otherwise URLs won’t get recognized and you will get squares without icons.
  3. Set theme location for this menu as “Social Links”
  4. Use Social Icons widget in the sidebar

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey

Thanks for your reply, but that isn’t exactly what I had in mind.

I like to have the facebook icon in the topmenu (headmenu on top of the site), not in the sidebar. I now made a text menu item. If it’s not possible to change it in fb icon, I would like to set target for the facebook text item to _blank. I don’t knwo how to do that.

Thanks
Brian

You can try achieving this by configuring the menu item as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Hey

Thanks a lot for the facebook icon, it works!!!

Problem about target="_blank" still not solved, because I don’t have the possibility to ‘Open link in new tab’. See attachment.

Do I have to install a extra plugin to achieve that?

Thanks for all the help.
Brian

Another problem: the facebook icon looks good, but when pointing the mouse to it, an alt-box ‘<i class=“fa fa-facebook”></i>’ appears. Is there any possibility of getting rid of the alt-box on the menu-items?

Thanks

Problem about target=”_blank” still not solved, because I don’t have the possibility to ‘Open link in new tab’. See attachment.

Do I have to install a extra plugin to achieve that?

You have to enable it from the menu screen options as shown in the attached screenshot.

Another problem: the facebook icon looks good, but when pointing the mouse to it, an alt-box ‘<i class=”fa fa-facebook”></i>’ appears. Is there any possibility of getting rid of the alt-box on the menu-items?

You can achieve this by using the solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/removing-title-for-menu-item/#post-32963