Facebook Light Box for Travelify WordPress theme

Hello, just installed you super awesome Travelify theme on my new WP site and running into a problem … I want to install the Facebook Light Box but the site changed and if I go to the new site and give my FB url in I always get the error message not a valid fb url page but it is valid :frowning: I need some serious help PLEASE

https://www.facebook.com/JurgenDoe

Never mind . .I figured it out . .I converted my private FB page to a Artist page and now it works … but the code shows not up in FF neither in IE only in GC

Hello it’s me again … so I got the code working but it does not show up in Firefox only in Google Chrome and IE … any clue somebody ???

Hi @jurgendoe,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

It’s not displaying in Firefox so I guess this must be a firefox clitch or something

jurgendoe.com is my url

Hi @jurgendoe,

It’s displaying fine for me on your shared site using Chrome and Firefox browsers as shown in the attached screenshot.

Which version of firefox browser are you using?

Please try clearing your browser cache, disabling all browser extensions and make sure that javascript is enabled.

Have you tested it on another system using firefox browser?

Regards,
Movin

It’s showing up by me now too . .I had to remove ad block and now it shows in FF too
other question …
Is there a possibility in the theme travelity to change the color of the sidebar and I have one footer on the bottom of my page empty and I don’t want to put anything in there … how can I remove this?

Hi @jurgendoe,

Is there a possibility in the theme travelity to change the color of the sidebar

You can try changing the sidebar text color by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#secondary a {
    color: #000;
}
#secondary {
}
#secondary .rpwe-time {
}

Please change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use by referring the following pages.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

and I have one footer on the bottom of my page empty and I don’t want to put anything in there .. how can I remove this?

You can remove it either by removing the text widget from the footer or using the following CSS code.

#footerarea .widget-wrap {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks a lot Movin … you’re a great help … if you ever work on a new WP theme could you work on one like this in the attached image :slight_smile:

I like the round images on the site of the post and the sidebar is a bit darker in the colour as the blog

Hello Movin,
I’m running into a new problem now … for some reason I can’t create any gallery anymore.
If I set up a post to add some images vie create new gallery, add my images and set
to media file and submit I can see that I’ve created the page but if I click on the post
NOTHING will show up … I’m getting frustrated now … why is this happen to me :frowning:

I’ll leave it and give you the link and you can see for yourself

http://jurgendoe.com/gallery/animal-paintings/

Hi @jurgendoe,

if you ever work on a new WP theme could you work on one like this in the attached image :)

I like the round images on the site of the post and the sidebar is a bit darker in the colour as the blog

Sure we will do consider your feature request in new theme development.

If I set up a post to add some images vie create new gallery, add my images and set to media file and submit I can see that I’ve created the page but if I click on the post NOTHING will show up .. I’m getting frustrated now .. why is this happen to me

I visited your shared page and the gallery is displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot,

Is it started working fine for you also?

Regards,
Movin

I got it to work because there was one plugin “infolinks” that messed up everything and I deleted it.
Sounds great that you consider to do such a theme in the future … let me know when you’re working on it :slight_smile:

I add another sample I would like to see in the theme or maybe we can add this to the theme travelity already via css … well I don’t understand html neither css or php so you should know it much better

Thanks anyway for the great help

Jurgen

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hello Movin,

simple question … do I can add a space on top for a banner ad ? like I showed in my previous post ?

Could you please share the screenshot where you want to add the space so that i can help you to add it?

Sure … here is the screenshot again … I know with the sidebar is ok but I wanted that Adsense or anything else goes in a banner or footer.

next question is … I want to add to all my post a link from adsense that goes automatic into every new page.
I know I have to go to appearance - editor - single post. my question is where do I add this code so it will show up on every post or blog I make?

Thank you always for your great help

Jurgen

Hi @Jurgen,

Sure .. here is the screenshot again … I know with the sidebar is ok but I wanted that Adsense or anything else goes in a banner or footer.

The space will be created there when you will add banner ad in the header.php file of your child theme.

You can also try using the following plugins to achieve it.

WordPress Advertisement Plugins To Monetize Your Website
12 Best WordPress Advertising Plugins (2023 Comparison)

next question is .. I want to add to all my post a link from adsense that goes automatic into every new page. I know I have to go to appearance – editor – single post. my question is where do I add this code so it will show up on every post or blog I make?

You can add it in the header.php file of footer.php file of your child theme so that it will be displayed on all posts and pages.

Regards,
Movin

To be honest I really have no clue what could help me to get the Adsense advertising into this without messing up the page … I have no clue about coding php css nor html etc … I’m a dummie when it comes to this.

What exactly is a child theme and where do I have to put this so that adsense doesn’t get out of control on my page ???

Hi Jurgen,

You will find information about WordPress child theme on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/why-and-how-to-create-and-use-wordpress-child-theme/

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. We recommend the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
I downloaded the Travelify child theme and I choose OIOPublisher and it works well with the advertisement on my page now.

I have another question … I want the header disappear and the social icons somewhat in the menu bar or elswhere … is there a special code to hide the header or do just a smaller one ?

Thanks
Jurgen