Feature request: field for second featured image

Hi there. I love the Sparkling theme; it’s nearly perfect. I hope you will enjoy my use of it on Spainlandia.com.

Might you consider adding a feature by which the author can specify two separate feature images at the time of posting?

As noted in the theme documentation, the slider images do not automatically resize, and this causes the slider image to appear as the featured image in the postings list below, often awkwardly.

For example, please see how the “Gym Virtual” image appears in Spainlandia’s slider and then how it appears immediately below in the post listing, where it is cropped in a fashion which is not aesthetically pleasing.

Adding this feature would also remove the need to manual change the featured images to different dimensions once it is time for a post to be demoted from slider prominence.

If this is something I can achieve by use of a child theme, I would greatly appreciate your direction. However, I feel having both “Slider featured image” and a “Post featured image” fields available for use would be of immense benefit to all users.

Hi @juana,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your feature request.

We will consider this feature request to be implemented in the future version of theme.

In the meanwhile to achieve this you have to create child theme of Sparkling theme and develop custom code in it along with using the following plugin to set secondary featured image.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best Regards,
Movin