Featured Height of Photo

Hi, thank you so much for the Activello theme, I love it alot.
However I’m experiencing some image issue that I hope you’ll be able to advice.
My current featured photo in a post and the avatar picture for the recent post have its height crop off (it’s not showing the full photo). I’m good with the dimensions of the featured post image and avatar but I would like the full photo to be shown (instead of the height being cropped off).

How do I fix this and what is the recommended dimensions of photos so that they will appear as lovely as those in the demo page?

Below is my site for reference.
https://www.thehynavian.com/

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help.

Hi @hynavian,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/#post-59419

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you for the prompt assistance and the weekend has been enjoyable for me so far. I hope that you are having a good time yourself too.

I have installed the custom plug-in and played with the figures; the custom plug-in does change the size of the image when I’m reading the post itself. Example: At each post site. However, when I’m at the main site, the featured image and the image avatar have their top and bottom cropped off. The full photo is still not showing. I’m not looking to change the height or width of the image when I’m reading the post but would like to just have the full photo to appear for my featured post icon and post avatar icon. Attached is a screenshot, I hope that you’ll be able to help me with this.

Thanks!

I visited your shared site and it seems you are using Jetpack plugin on your site so could you please try temporary deactivating its Photon module on your site as shown in the attached screenshot?

This jetpack photon module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

Then try regenerating thumbnails using the below plugin.

Hi Movin,

As advised I disabled the plug-in, refer to attached screen shot (SS). After that I tried regenerating with the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (version 2.0.6). The slider’s featured photos is running with inconsistent image sizes but the featured post icon and post avatar icon remained cropped.

I have tried activating and deactivating the customized Colorlib plugin and did a force regenerate thumbnail for both instances but the featured post icon and post avatar icons still remain cropped.

I’m hoping that the post’s avatar (in red circle, refer to SS2) will show the full photo without changing the avatar’s dimension. I’m also hoping that the featured post icon (refer to SS2) will show the full photo without changing the photo’s height as I understand that the width of each photo will differ due to varying photo height. Is that even possible? For your advice please. Thanks again for your time.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi Movin,

Thank you so much for helping to take a look.

The details are as per below:

Website to log-in:-
https://www.thehynavian.com/wp-login.php

Username: hynavian
Password: pokemongopikachu

I logged in to your site and changed the shared custom plugin code.

It is displaying fine for me now so could you please confirm it?

Hi Movin,

Thank you so so much for assisting. It’s perfect! (^__^)/
Have a great week ahead, once again thank you so much.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: