Featured image captions

Is it possible to add captions to featured images? I would like to be able to give credit to the photographer.

Thanks for a great theme!

You might want to look up for some plugins since it is not possible by using theme alone. Modifying code would be also ridiculously difficult because you would have to create a custom meta boxes where you would add this information.

If there is no plugin for this, then second simplest method would be to ad credits at the end of each article like most other blogs does.

Okay, thanks for the help!

Does it mean that it’s not possible on the category overview as well as on the blog post itself?
I would like to add it to the blogpost under the featured image above the headline.

There is no option for this available via THeme Options or WordPress dashboard in general.

A proper solution for this would be to register a custom field and then output it inside template files right after featured image.

Aigars, thanks for your suggestion.

Although I am a beginner I did manage and think there might be some others wo are interested in it, so here you are:

For my site I needed a copyright information below the featured image. To put it onto the post view just edit the file content-single.php. You can put the code below
<div class="post-inner-content"> or whatever your needs are.

<?php // Custom Field
		$string = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'copyright', true);
		if($string != '')
		{
		echo '<font size=5px><i class="fa fa-warning"></i> '.$string.'</font><br>';
		}
		?>

This will put out the custom field “copyright” if it is defined (maybe the post option to define a custom field is hided, just activate it in the options).

If you want to, you can add an icon of these: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/
If not, just delete <i class="fa fa-warning"></i>
Please do not forget to adjust the font size.

KR
Steve

Steve,

Thank you for posting your solution on forum! Hope others will find it useful as well.