Featured Image Size Main Page

I love the look this theme – especially, the featured images on the main page. But even when I use the recommended 1170 x 550 size the image does not format to cover the full width of my screen. You can see from the screen shot attached that there are areas of grey along each side of the image. Is there a different size or a place for me to customize this?

~Heather

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

Have you fried following the steps outlined in the video tutorial? If not I recommend following these simple steps to replicate the home page.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for the reply. I followed the video to the T and used the recommended image sized suggested in other threads. I am wondering if there is something else?

After trying a few more things, I am able to have the feature image format properly when using an image larger than 1170 x 550. Can you please advise the correct sizing to keep things streamlined in the future?

Thank you
~H

The recommended slider image size is 1920 X 550

Hey!

I also have a problem with the sizes of images in Activello. If I adjust an image to the recommended size it indeed displays full width on the screen (screenshot 1). But it then automatically shows a cropped version as featured image, in the post as well as on the main page where is shows the summary of the post (screenshot 2). It changes size again as the post drops down the list of recent posts (screenshot 3). Also the thumbnail does not show the part of the picture that I would like to, even though I have adjusted the thumbnail image in the thumbnail settings in the media library.

How can I change this?

Thanks,
Marije

I see it only uploaded screenshot 3 due to the file size. I can submit them if needed.

@Marije To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.