Fixing sidebar spacing in category widget

Hi Aigars and co,

When I introduced a sub-category to my site, it appears the theme may have added an extra gap between the main categories in the sidebar widget. http://letsnba.com

Could you please tell me how to reduce that extra spacing in the category widget? (If possible.) I tried to inspect the elements but couldn’t figure it out.

Also if you could tell me the part of the CSS that refers to the “topic tags” at the bottom of each post, I would like to make the color darker. I tried changing “background-color” in the “tagcloud” area of the CSS but that didn’t work.

Thanks a million!
letsnba

PS. I used your speed tips and now have my desktop pagespeed up to 92. I don’t think I can get the mobile up over 80 though without deferring the js though. I’m just not smart enough for that lol :slight_smile: Trying to minify via W3 busted the theme, at least for me.

1. This code should fix categories layout inside sidebar. You can add it via Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS
.widget_categories ul li,
.widget_categories ul ul li {
  margin-bottom: 0;
  padding-bottom: 0;
  border: none;
}

1. It depends how you want to style those tags but the basic idea would be like this:
.tagcloud a {
  background: red;
  color: #000 !important;
}

It will turn those tags red with black text but you can do other changes as well.

1. Keep in mind that high scores inside website performance test are not now always the same as real life performance. The entire website performance thing is a huge science and I am constantly working to improve Colorlib website performance and it is still a work in progress.

Thanks Aigars!
Part 1 worked perfectly.
Part 2… I tried both using “background: black” and “background-color: #000” and neither seemed to work. I suspect something is overriding it with the “c0c0c0” color. Not a huge deal but maybe you can figure it out.
Part 3: much appreciated.
Cheers.

1. Add this code to Custom CSS field in Theme Options and notify me about it and I will look into it.

Thanks Aigars but don’t worry about it. I’m fine with not fiddling anymore and am super happy with how everything looks. I look forward to your future work.