Font Color and Size

Hi there, I recently received CSS from you for a font-size change, but I notice that some text did not change. If you look at our home page, some of the text between

tags did not change. It could be because you gave me CSS with a p{ selector.

Home page: thegoldenpathway.org

Also, here is another example where only part of the page made the change in font size. http://thegoldenpathway.org/lecture-series/abundance/

In addition, I tried changing the font color to #201418. (I don’t want the change for h1-h6 headings, or others that I specifically changed myself using html.) However, again, I find that not all text changed, as you can see on the pages I sited above.

Here is the coding you gave me before, but you notice the selector is a p{ tag. (I added the color css.)

p{
    font-size : 16px;
    color: #201418;
    }

Hope I’m being clear. Thanks for your help.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Please remove that CSS code that was provided before and tell me what are the text elements that you would like to change because there are text elements on the page that would require more CSS code.

I await your response.

Best Regards,
    Support

Thank you for responding.

At this point, I don’t want to remove the CSS that you gave me as what you provided is quite satisfactory. I just want additional CSS to cover text that is included in ordered/unordered lists. I’d like for the font size to also be 16x and the color to be #201418.

As for the other text I referred to, I managed to go in and add <p></p> tags to the text and it changed to what I wanted. There had been some kind of wonky coding that prevented it from responding to the CSS stylesheet change. I have no idea how it got there.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us and clearing up stuff.

This should be the trick.

li{
    display: list-item;
    text-align: -webkit-match-parent;
    }

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,
    Support

Oh, thank you so much. That worked perfectly. You guys are awesome!

Ooops. I just noticed that the coding you gave me before, however, does not work, as a result of this change. I think it was this:

@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 991px) {
    ul#menu-primary-menu a {
    font-size: 11px;
    padding: 18px 11px;
    }
    }

The intent was to keep the menu bar all on one line. I definitely need that feature back, so I’m going to remove the coding you just gave me until that can be corrected as well.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am sorry but that code was not provided in this forum post, so this issue my have been dealt with in another post. Also, when I view our website the menu appears to be aligned correctly.

Best Regards,
    Support

Somehow, we are not communicating. My original request was for the CSS to have our ordered and unordered list with the following: font-size 16px and the font-color #201418. The coding that you provided, changed the CSS that Movin provided me back in 2015 to keep the menu size all on one line.

This is the coding you gave me:
    li{
    }

However, that “also” changed the menu bar so that it is not absolute, and also made the text on the sidebar too large. When I took out the following:

Everything was fine, however, the numbers or the dots for the ordered or unordered lists stayed the same font color and font size as before.

I am able to go in on ‘each page’ and change everything inline, but I’d prefer the CSS so I don’t have to do that.

I hope you now understand the problem.

Hello there,

Thank you for providing that information.

As I understand it, the issue here is that the code previously provided affected the list elements for the menu. Please try using the following CSS code to make changes to the list elements in the menu:

/*List element for the menu*/
    .navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a {
        color: #fff;
        font-size: 12px;
    }

Let me know if that helped.

Best Regards,
    Support

Sorry,

Oh dear, we’re still not communicating. I’m not seeking coding for the navigation bar. That was given years ago and works fine.

I only want CSS for the ordered/unordered lists, CSS that does not effect the navigation bar, nor the sidebar.

If this is not possible, I will just do the changes inline.

Thank you.

Hey there,
    Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

My sincere apologies for the incorrect code given previously, I went ahead and ensured that the CSS given will only target the list items within the entry content div which is essentially the body of your pages.

/body list elements font size and color/
    .entry-content li {
    font-size: 16px;
    }

Please let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Support

That’s perfect! I knew you’d find the right CSS. Thanks so much. Awesome. :slight_smile: