Fontawesome icon font related question

Hi

In sparkling theme you have already included fontawesome icon fonts by default and right now i am planning to use Shortcodes Ultimate plugin with sparkling theme. But shortcode ultimate plugin also integrated with font awesome icons.

1. Should i remove the fontawesome icons from theme or what?

2. In case if you suggest me to remove the fontawesome icons from theme, how can i do it?

3. If i remove the fontawesome icons from theme, how can i use the fontawesome icon shortcodes in nav menu?

Please clarify

Hi @wpdiv,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. Should i remove the fontawesome icons from theme or what?

Yes you should remove it from either of it to avoid conflict between them and there isn’t any need to load multiple fontawesome icons files on the site as they will slow down the site.

2. In case if you suggest me to remove the fontawesome icons from theme, how can i do it?

You can remove it from the Sparkling theme by adding the following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles', 99 );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    // Remove Font Awesome stylesheet
    wp_dequeue_style( 'sparkling-icons');
}

Alternatively just use the attached child theme that contains the above code.

3. If i remove the fontawesome icons from theme, how can i use the fontawesome icon shortcodes in nav menu?

Could you please tell me specifically which shortcodes are you referring?

If you are referring the shortcodes provided by the plugin then they should work without any issue as we are removing the fontawesome icon fonts from the theme.

Best Regards,
Movin