Footer Formatting

Hi!

The background of my footer is at .35 transparency. Since the default footer and the plugin footer overlap, there’s a darkened strip under my social icons. Please help me adjust the margin/padding or do whatever needs to be done so that it doesn’t overlap but is placed at the same distance from each other.

I guess mainly, how do I reduce the padding/margin above the new footer widgets that the plugin has added? (Pages, Others are Reading and Subscribe to Blog via Email)

My site: http://www.lipstickalchemist.com

Hi @lipstickalchemist,

Thank you for your question.

You can remove that darkened strip by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.footer-information {
    background: #e7dbed;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for that but it fixes the issue only partially.

I need the footer to be transparent so it shows the background image on my pages as seen here.

Also, there’s too much space between widgets in the mobile version of the footer.

It requires custom coding which is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

I saw your profile and noticed you have created many support topics that require custom coding and is not related to original Activello theme but your modified theme.

We do generally help up to some extend for developing custom code but it seems you are trying to develop your whole custom site using our this free theme support forum.

Please do not ask custom coding related questions in the forum and develop it yourself. If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Hello Movin.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not a coder, I don’t know the first thing about code, so I don’t really know what does and does not require custom code. Custom css is something I just experiment with and I spend hours figuring things out and only when they don’t work out do I reach out to this support forum.

As you’ve done many times before, you can refuse to help on the grounds that it requires custom code because you’re the expert. To me it’s all the same. And I will back off as I’ve done before.

I appreciate the help that you and this forum provide but I do not appreciate the tone you’ve taken with me. If there are regulations/limitations to the use of this forum, please let me know because I assure you, I’m unaware of them and have no desire to inconvenience anyone, especially myself with petty accusations like this.

As for my site, I’ll be the one to decide how it looks and works, the way everyone that uses this theme decides for their site because that’s my prerogative just as it is Activello’s prerogative to be a free theme.

Thank you for making it clear what you understand and what you don’t.

Let me tell you what is custom work and what is not.

Please visit our demo site here https://colorlib.com/activello/ and if you don’t understand how it is configured to display like that then you can visit theme documentation here Activello Theme Documentation - Colorlib but if still there is any confusion then feel free to ask it in the support forum as this is not custom work.

Now after receiving your query we will guide you accordingly to understand how the theme is configured or if you want any suggestion from us such as how to achieve particular thing in WordPress then we can refer you some other site post or plugin to achieve this.

Beyond this all the things are custom code work even the custom CSS code that we develop. If developing custom code doesn’t take much time then we do help you developing it but here is the catch many users create multiple topics in the forum so that we would help them considering its small code.

For example instead of asking us to develop website for them which we will reject, they create multiple support topics asking small questions in each topics. They even create multiple user accounts in the forum to do this but finally we catch them.

Now let’s see your below initial question asked in this topic.

The background of my footer is at .35 transparency. Since the default footer and the plugin footer overlap, there’s a darkened strip under my social icons. Please help me adjust the margin/padding or do whatever needs to be done so that it doesn’t overlap but is placed at the same distance from each other.

You know the theme doesn’t provide any option to adjust the margin/padding for the custom footer that you developed so how can we do it?

The answer is Developing Custom Code.

I guess mainly, how do I reduce the padding/margin above the new footer widgets that the plugin has added?

So you know here the plugin has added it but we have not developed that plugin and we only provide support to the theme here so it is out of the scope of support of this forum but still i tried to help you.

I helped you in your many topics that requires to develop custom code and would always like to help you but there is border line to do this and i am sure you understand it.

Sorry if my above reply has some bad tone which was not my intention.

Feel free to ask questions in the forum.

Have a fantastic day!

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

If developing custom code doesn’t take much time then we do help you developing it but here is the catch many users create multiple topics in the forum so that we would help them considering its small code.

For example instead of asking us to develop website for them which we will reject, they create multiple support topics asking small questions in each topics. They even create multiple user accounts in the forum to do this but finally we catch them.

Oh gosh! I did not know that was thing that people do. Let me assure you I have no such intentions. I’m just a blogger and I try to customize my blog so it looks unique and expresses my tastes and aesthetics.

I’m not trying to spam/misuse the forum. The reason I’ve started topics for small issues is because when I do ask a few things together, I get told to open a new topic for it. It’s happened many times, so instead of wasting time asking a combined question then waiting for a response and then being told I need to create separate topics, then starting a separate topic and waiting for a resolution, I’ve directly opened multiple queries.

You know the theme doesn’t provide any option to adjust the margin/padding for the custom footer that you developed so how can we do it?

The reason I asked is because I still use the theme’s footer at the top. The strip that contains the social icons is from activello’s footer and the rest is from plugin. I’ve already altered the gaps between the widgets in the footer, much before you told me it’s not in your scope. The mobile view is fixed but that overlap just does not seem to go away despite changing margin/padding. I understand how it may be wrong of me to ask but I was keeping in mind that it was a 50-50 issue.

I apologize for overstepping with this question and I’m grateful for all the support given thus far. From here on out, if I end up asking a question that requires custom code that’s not in your scope, please just tell me so and I’ll understand and you can even delete the topic.

Thank you for your understanding and being user of our forum.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: