Footer message - custom text above social media icons in footer

Hi, great theme and it is still my favorite theme of all time (:

On the footer it shows my social media links at the top center of the footer. However, I would like to put “Follow us on Social Media for any Updates” right above the social media pictures. How can I do this? Thank you for your time

Hi @cantsignupmk850,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by adding the following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

/**
 * Display social links
 */
function dazzling_social(){
    $services = array ('facebook','twitter','googleplus','youtube','linkedin','pinterest','rss','tumblr','flickr','instagram','dribbble','skype','github','slideshare','vk');

echo '<div id="social" class="social"><h5>'.__('Follow us on Social Media for any Updates', 'dazzling').'</h5><ul>';

foreach ( $services as $service ) :

$active[$service] = of_get_option ('social_'.$service);
        if ($active[$service]) { echo '<li><a href="'.$active[$service].'" class="social-icon '. $service .'" title="'. __('Follow us on ','dazzling').$service.'" target="_blank"><i class="social_icon fa fa-'.$service.'"></i></a></li>';}

endforeach;
    echo '</ul></div>';

}

Alternatively you can just use the attached Dazzling theme child theme which contains the above code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi movin, thank you!

I want the text to match the footer the size of the text on the footer and its color. how could I do that? I tried changing the <h5> into <h9> and it seems like it worked but I don’t know if thats the correct thing to do.

Also, I think it would look better if the text is displayed below the social media icons. How could I do this? Thank you movin and thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Hi @cantsignupmk850,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried changing the <h5> into <h9> and it seems like it worked but I don’t know if thats the correct thing to do.

It’s not correct way to do this as HTML doesn’t have h9 tag. You will find more information about HTML header tags on the following page

I want the text to match the footer the size of the text on the footer and its color. how could I do that?

Also, I think it would look better if the text is displayed below the social media icons. How could I do this?

You can achieve this by using the attached modified theme that contains the changed dazzling_social function and the following code in the style.css file.

#social h5 {
  color: #999;
  font-size: 12px;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

How about putting the text below the social media instead?

Hi @cantsignupmk850,

Have you tried using the updated child theme attached to my previous reply that contains the modified code to display the text below the social media?

Regards,
Movin